Private Half Day Tour to Madaba and Mount Nebo from Amman9 reviews
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Madaba Governorate, Madaba Governorate
Start your tour with a pick up from your centrally located Amman hotel. Relax into your private, air-conditioned vehicle with your knowledgeable driver, and travel south to Madaba, known for its exquisite Byzantine mosaics. After roughly an hour, arrive in Madaba and head inside Saint George’s Church with a local guide. This 19th-century Greek Orthodox basilica is home to the famous Madaba Mosaic Map, a 6th-century A.D. floor mosaic that depicts the ancient Holy Land and Jordan. Gaze at this masterpiece and its richly detailed renderings of Jerusalem, Jericho, the Dead Sea and other biblical sites as your guide explains how it was unearthed in 1897. Proceed to the open-air museum known as the Archeological Park, which houses a collection of ruins and mosaics like the Church of Virgin Mary and other floor house mosaics. Visit the historic Catholic Church of Saint John the Baptist, with its beautiful Bell Tower for a breath-taking view of Madaba. Visit its underground museum memorial of Saint John the Baptist.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Nebo, Madaba Jordan
Having admired the mosaic, drive to Mount Nebo, the hill where, according to the bible, Moses was not only granted a view of the Promised Land but also died. Take in the stunning views from the summit that extend over the Jordan Valley, and on a clear day, can stretch as far as Jericho and Jerusalem. Meet up with a local guide and go inside the excavated remains of the Byzantine church that once graced the hilltop. Here, archaeologists have uncovered a series of floor mosaics dating from between the 4th and 6th century A.D. Marvel at these intricate artworks with their still-vivid illustrations of peacocks, soldiers, horses and hunters, as your guide shares facts about their creation and discovery. After your visit of this marvelous Franciscan Monastery of Mount Nebo, return to your vehicle and make the drive back to Amman. Your tour ends with a drop off at your Amman hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Local English-Speaking Guide at Madaba Saint George Church and Mount Nebo
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nebo
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
Traveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For clients holding Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees to be returned directly in destination.
- Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Tours with lunch: Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 3.78 out of 5 based on the last 9 recent reviews