Akaroa Swim with Dolphins Tour from Christchurch18 reviews
On arrival at the coastal town of Akaroa, hop aboard your boat with your guide and cruise out into the harbor. Watch the waters and keep an eye out for dolphins, penguins and seals, and enjoy the feel of the wind in your hair as you cruise through the waves. The sea along this part of the coast is teeming with marine life, and sightings of friendly and inquisitive Hector’s dolphins — one of the world’s smallest dolphin species — are common.
When your captain has located a pod, pull on your wetsuit, mask, snorkel and flippers then leap into the water. Enjoy the chance to swim with these rare, endangered animals and marvel at their grace through the waves. The dolphins here are completely wild so touching them is not allowed, but simply ducking down beneath the waves to marvel at these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat is enough to make memories to last a lifetime!
Climb back aboard your boat for the return journey to Akaroa and enjoy free time for lunch (own expense). Soak up the coastal atmosphere and spectacular volcanic views in this charming corner of the New Zealand countryside, and explore the many fine craft shops and old French colonial buildings in the town. Conclude your time in Akaroa with a visit to the cheese factory at Barry's Bay and enjoy a tasting session of some fine New Zealand cheeses.
In the mid-afternoon, hop back aboard your coach for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your tour will come to an end.
- Cheese tasting at Barry's Bay
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Wet suit hire
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point at 5:45pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be 8 years and over to swim with the Dolphins
- Customers must declare any pre-existing medical conditions. A basic level of fitness is required. Customers will be floating in the water and will be required to swim to and from the boat - distances up to 50 meters (150 feet) at a time.
- Minimum 4 adults required before tour can operate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.33 out of 5 based on the last 18 recent reviews