Madrid Tapas Night Walking Tour722 reviews
Our unique pay-as-you-go system allows us to personalize things to your tastes on the night. The tour price includes your first drink and tapas at the first bar you'll visit. You can then choose how much or how little you'd like to eat and drink at the other bars/restaurants you'll visit on the evening walking tour. For a satisfying night out you should expect to spend about 30 to 35 euros per person.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adventurous Appetites Tapas Tour, The Bear Statue Plaza Puerta del Sol s/n, 28013 Madrid Spain
On the walking tour you'll visit four traditional bars/restaurants to try authentic Spanish delicacies. It might be chorizo in cider, octopus from Galicia, cider from Asturias, sherry from Andalucia or other regional specialties. The tour price includes your first drink and tapas at the first bar you'll visit. You can then choose how much or how little you'd like to eat and drink at the other bars/restaurants you'll visit on the evening walking tour. For a satisfying night out you should expect to spend about 30 to 35 euros per person.
Along the way, your English-speaking guide will explain the traditions behind Madrid's food and wine, and advise on local specialties. Your local guide will also assist with language and translation, while providing interesting facts about Madrid's history, culture and customs.
As the average maximum group size is ten people, you will enjoy a unique personalized experience on this special evening walking tour of Madrid's fabulous tapas bars and restaurants. It's the perfect way to discover local insights, while sampling traditional food and drink in great company. Ultimately, adding more color and flavor to your Spanish sojourn!
An authentic Asturian bar, frequented by Spaniards of every age and description. A great place to kick off the evening trying their specialties of cabrales (blue cheese), chorizo and cider, which is poured in a very original way!
A typical, very traditional "fino" or Sherry bar. This hostelry has changed very little in the last century with standing room at the bar or seating at wooden tables at the back. The bar is complete with the authentic oak sherry casks. "Fino" and "Manzanilla" sherries of various hues and tastes are served by the glass or from bottles filled directly from the kegs. Drinks come with complimentary olives or bread sticks.
This intimate local bar gives you a real taste of Madrid, with bulls' heads on the wall set off by various football shirts, and sawdust on the floor where locals deposit their olive pips before a final clear up at the end of the night. On the bar there is a huge selection of "tapitas" and "pinchos" (similar to canapes). Beside the bar is a model ship full of prawns which are usually provided as your complimentary "tapita" with drinks.
A very popular bar/restaurant serving wonderful "tostadas" and great salads, meats, cheeses and Tapas. This is a fantastic eatery with very good quality, no nonsense food and a great atmosphere with orders being shouted from waiter to waiter to bar to chef!
After this the night is yours! With the largest density of bars and restaurants per square meter in Europe, Madrid is famed for its vibrant nightlife. Even at 4 o'clock in the morning the streets are teeming with revelers, some only part way through their night out, others going to partake of the traditional "chocolate y churros" (gloopy hot chocolate and deep-fried doughnut twists) before bed. Madrid is not a place to sit back and watch the world go by, but rather somewhere you should throw yourself into the melee!
THE ABOVE ITINERARY IS AN EXAMPLE ONLY AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Duration: 4 hours
- Drink and Tapas in the first bar
- Guided visit to 4 bars/restaurants
- Assistance with language translation
- Advice on Spanish food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
El Oso y el Madroño, Puerta del Sol, 1, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Neptuno, 28014 Madrid, Spain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 17 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please note that some tapas will be shared with other travellers
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have an average maximum of 10 travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews