Granada Day Trip from Seville Including Skip-the-Line Entrance to Alhambra Palace and Optional Albaicin Walking Tour722 reviews
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Alhambra, Calle Real de la Alhambra, s/n Palacio de Carlos V, 18009 Granada Spain
On a rocky hill that is difficult to access, on the banks of the River Darro, protected by mountains and surrounded by woods, among the oldest quarters in the city, the Alhambra rises up like an imposing castle with reddish tones in its ramparts that prevent the outside world from seeing the delicate beauty they enclose.
Originally designed as a military area, the Alhambra became the residence of royalty and of the court of Granada in the middle of the thirteenth century, after the establishment of the Nasrid kingdom and the construction of the first palace, by the founder king Mohammed ibn Yusuf ben Nasr, better known as Alhamar. The fortress became a citadel with high ramparts and defensive towers, which house two main areas: the military area, or Alcazaba, the barracks of the royal guard, and the medina or court city, the location of the famous Nasrid Palaces and the remains of the houses of noblemen and plebeians who lived there.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Generalife Realejo-San Matias, 18009 Granada Spain
The Generalife is composed of a series of large gardens, where every corner holds a novelty and a pleasant surprise for the eyes, with a minimum of obtrusive buildings.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Andalsur Excursiones, Avenida Constitucion 5 Esquina con Reyes Católicos, 41004 Seville Spain
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Nasrid Palaces, Calle Real De La Alhambra, 18009 Granada Spain
The habitual residence of the kings of Granada, their construction began at the beginning of the 14th century. The Nasrid Palaces are a palatial complex formed by three buildings:
- The Mexuar is the oldest hall. It was employed for meetings between the ministers of the king and as a courtroom.
- Next, we come to the Palace of Comares, which dates back to the era of Yusuf I. This dwelling was erected around the Patio de los Arrayanes (Courtyard of the Myrtles), and its side exits lead to the Sala de los Embajadores (Hall of Ambassadors) and the Sala de la Barca (Hall of the Boat). The Hall of Ambassadors is located inside the Tower of Comares.
- The Palace of the Lions, dating back to the era of Muhammed V, is also a royal residence. It is composed of a central courtyard, the Courtyard of the Lions, and halls along each side, the Hall of the Mocarabes, the Hall of the Kings, the Hall of the Two Sisters, the Hall of the Ajimeces, leading on to the mirador Daraxa viewpoint, and the Hall of the Abencerrajes, along with the Harem.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Alcazaba, Calle Real de la Alhambra Conjunto Monumental de la Alhambra y el Generalife, 18009 Granada Spain
The Alcazaba plainly served a military function. The entrance to the Alcazaba was at the foot of the Tower of Homage . At the base of the tower is a slight slope. A simple L-shaped walkway keeps the main gate from being seen from the outside.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Barrio del Albaicin, 19100 Pastrana Spain
The Albaicin is a “barrio” (a neighbourhood) of Granada which has been built on a hill opposite the Alhambra. The layout came about when Granada was ruled by the Arabs long before the advent of cars so the streets form a narrow cobblestoned maze interspersed with small squares. The geranium filled balconies, glimpses of the Alhambra at every turn, the silence and the sound of running water in numerous fountains all give the Albayzin a romantic slightly enchanted atmosphere.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Albaicin walking tour (if option selected)
- Skip the line for guaranteed entry to Nasrid Palace, Alcazaba fortress, and the Gardens
- Entry/Admission - The Alhambra
- Entry/Admission - Generalife
- Entry/Admission - Nasrid Palaces
- Entry/Admission - Alcazaba
- Entry/Admission - Barrio del Albaicin
6:15am - 6:45am hotel pickup
6:00am at Andalsur Excursiones office located in Avenida de la Constitucion 5, Seville.
The time can be changed. Please confirm the exact time of pick-up by calling the supplier the day before your tour.
Traveler pickup is offered
• 06.00am to 6:30am hotel pick up
• 06.00am from Andalsur Excursiones Office (C/ Zaragoza nº1 41001 Sevilla)
Please, call the local supplier 24 h before the tour to confirm the exact time and pick up.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The order of the visit can be changed to any unexpected circumstances. In order to facilitate these changes, your visit may be offered in two different languages
- Please note: Depending on the schedule provided by the Alhambra monument the order of the itinerary can be changed.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please note: the Alhambra requires that all passengers provide the full name, date of birth and passport details for each participant when booking. If not provided, the Alhambra may deny access to their premises.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews