Golden Round Trip with Lake Cruise to Mt Pilatus from Lucerne Self-Guided Tour52 reviews
This is no guided tour and it's why that there is no meeting point.
Encounter yourself in an Alpine environment at 2132 meter altitude (7000 feet’s). Enjoy the panoramic views over the lake of Lucerne and the Alps on the summit and decide yourself if you want to stay inside the panoramic gallery, relax on the terrace, climb one of the peaks (5-10 minutes) or enjoy a meal in our restaurants (own expenses).
Enjoy the exhilarating 5-minutes ride by the new aerial cableway “Dragon Ride” down to Fräkmüntegg. Thanks to its spacious interior, cockpit-like design and large windows the “Dragon Ride” gives you the impression of being in a helicopter - only flying is more exhilarating.
If you are up to some activities Fräkmüntegg is the place to be. Test your agility climbing our rope park and get your adrenaline pumping (own expense). Go on by taking the panorama gondolas. A 15-minute ride brings you down to Krienseregg. In Krienseregg the “Pilu Land”, a playground for children awaits you. Sitting on the terrace of the Restaurant Krienseregg (own expenses) you can relax and enjoy your time while the children are playing. Continue by panorama gondola which brings you down to Kriens in 15-minutes.
After a 5-minute walk you reach the bus station (Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus). Take bus number 1 and in 10-minutes you arrive at the railway station in Lucerne.
Please kindly check below in the itineraray to see the departure timetable.
- Cruise ship (2nd class)
- Cogwheel train ride (operating from middle May till 17 November 2019)
- Panorama gondola ride (closed due to revision 21 October to 8 November 2019)
- Aerial cableways ride (closed due to revision 21 October to 8 November 2019)
- Bus ride from Kriens-Lucerne main station (or vice versa)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- The listed price does not include a CHF 5 parking fee (per day)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
08:30 Departure by bus (next to the train station BUS NO 1)
08:41 Arrival at Kriens, Pilatus and short walk to the valley station in Kriens (get tickets at valley station)
08:50 Departure by panorama gondola (stay on until the final station Fräkmüntegg)
09:30 Departure by cable car "Dragon Ride"
09:35 Arrival at Mt. Pilatus, enjoy the view and stroll around
10:10 Departure by cogwheel railway to Alpnachstad (next departure with connecting cruise - 11:30)
10:50 Arrival in Alpnachstad
11:00 Departure by cruise boat to Lucerne
12:18 Arrival in Lucerne (in front of train station)
Lucerne railway station
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Don't miss the last transportation down to the valley
- Please note tour is unguided
- Only printed vouchers will be accepted
- Operates in almost all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cable ways are not in operation in the case of storms
- Starting direction 1: Take the cruise ship at the railway station in Lucerne (Quai 2 in front of the train station)
- Starting direction 2: Take bus number 1 at the railway station in Lucerne to Kriens, Zentrum Pilatus
- IMPORTANT: From 21 October to 8 November 2019 cable cars are not running due to revision.
- From 21 October to 17 November 2019 only two cruise ships courses are available (departures from Lucerne: 9:14 and 13:38).
- It is not possible to book a specific time slot
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- It's not a guided tour, there is not a meeting point.
- The world's steepest cogwheel railway is operating from middle May till 17 November 2019.
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews