Uganda Travel Guide
Planning a trekking adventure to Uganda to meet the mountain gorillas? Start your holiday preparation right here with our useful travel guide resources that cover everything from what visas you'll need to when best to go. We've also got a detailed guide to gorilla trekking - what to expect and how it works, as well as more details on our overland camping safaris in general, including the vehicles we use. Make the most of your time in Uganda with our Top Travel Tips covering all the essentials.
Time your gorilla trekking adventure with the seasons for the best weather conditions
- First Kill Your Family: Child Soldiers of Uganda
by Peter Eichstaedt
- The Last King of Scotland
by Giles Foden
- Abyssinian Chronicles
by Moses Isegawa
Facts about Uganda
- One of the most popular snacks in Uganda is a plate of pan fried Nsenene grasshoppers.
- Uganda is one of the youngest nations in the world with around half of the population being under 14.
- When using the bathroom in Uganda, people excuse themselves by saying "I need to make a short call".
Uganda Travel Advice
We closely monitor current travel guidance for Uganda and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.