Tijuca Rain Forest Jeep Tour from Rio de Janeiro244 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Estrada da Cascatinha 850 Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 20531-590 Brazil
After your guide picks you up from your hotel in Rio, hop in an open Jeep and buckle up for a fun ride! Drive to the edge of the cityscape and enter Tijuca Forest, located just 10 minutes from the city center. You’ll hear about the important reforestation program of Tijuca National Park and learn the importance of the Mata Atlântica ecosystem — part of the vast and protected Mata Biosphere Reserve, which covers 14 states in Brazil.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Cachoeira dos Primatas, Rua Sara Vilela 460, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-180 Brazil
See the waterfall during the hike
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Vista Chinesa, Estrada Dona Castorina Parque Nacional Da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22460-320 Brazil
Get a nice perspective from the Tijuca Rainforest. At Vista Chinesa (Chinese View), capture sweeping views of Ipanema and Copacabana beaches, Guanabara Bay and even as far as Niteroi.
The lookout was built between 1902 and 1906. The oriental-style pagoda is a reference in honor of the Chinese who brought tea cultivation to Brazil in the early 19th century.
Made of bamboo and cement, and situated 380 meters above sea level, it is an important tourist spot in the city.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Emperor's Table, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Enjoy the beautiful view of the city, as did the Royal family several times.
It was at this table that Dom Pedro I, when he wanted a meal in the middle of one of the most beautiful views, would leave his residence at Quinta da Boa Vista and, with his cart, would head towards Estrada da Vista China.
At an altitude of 487 meters above sea level, the Emperor's Table is set against stunning views of the city, counteracting urbanization and nature. Stairs surrounding the parapet of the area lead the tourist to the edge of a concrete ramp, making the tourist feel in the midst of a splendid setting.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Capela Mayrink, Rua Alto da Boa Vista, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 21043-080 Brazil
Take a short stop at this historical chapel. The little pink chapel in the middle of the woods, 460 meters above sea level, resembles a house of children's history. It was erected in 1860 by the Portuguese banker Viscount de Souto inside his farm, in Tijuca Forest. The Chapel is one of the attractions of Tijuca National Park. Adorn the altar reproductions of panels with holy images of Cândido Portinari. The gardens, as well as the Carrara marble and tiled patio tub with frowning spout, were designed by landscape designer Roberto Burle Marx.
Duration: 5 minutes
- Jeep tour of Tijuca Rain Forest
- Eco hike
- Hotel pickup and drop off from most hotels in Downtown and Rio's South Zone or Barra da Tijuca
- Professional Tour Guide
- Visit to Tijuca National Park
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional da Tijuca
- Entry/Admission - Vista Chinesa
- Entry/Admission - Emperor's Table
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
* Roundtrip Transfer to Most Hotels in São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete, Barra, Santa Teresa and Downtown
* Please call the number on the voucher at least 24 hours in advance to reconfirm your selected activity. The pick up time at your hotel can differ by up to about 45 minutes from the above time, depending on your location. There are cases in which the provider will not be able to pick you up and so an alternative meeting point will be suggested at the time of your call
* The neighborhoods of São Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, Flamengo, Glória, Catete are within the South Zone, and Santa Teresa and Centro, Downtown
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The specific departure time for this tour will be determined upon reconfirmation.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bring a bottle of water
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat in case it’s hot
- Stay tuned to the neighborhood where your hotel is located. There are two pick up options available with different prices.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews