Hike La Chorrera and El Chiflon mighty waterfalls from Bogota23 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterfall The Chiflón, Choachí, Cundinamarca, Colombia
You will begin the tour at 8:00 am being picked up by a driver at your hotel.. Your travel time will be approximately 45 minutes to the southern part of the hills, on the road to Choachí. Accompanied by an experienced guide, you'll be dropped off in the countryside and hike through mountains surrounded by impressive natural scenery to discover the base of the first waterfall: El Chiflón. You'll have the opportunity to walk behind the waterfall to be involved within the magical mist - and if you're adventurous you can always take a swim at the waterfall's base. After that, you'll be able to regain your energy by eating a locally prepared snack.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cascada La Chorrera, Choachi Colombia
Next, you will head out again through the forest, to reach the most important natural treasure of this splendid trip: La Chorrera Waterfall. Expect to reach the bottom of this 590 m (1935 ft) tall waterfall in roughly 1 hour. You'll pass creeks, a wide array of beautiful plants, and feel amazed by the sounds of nature surrounding you, including the splashing of the waterfall. When you arrive at the fall, you will have the opportunity to relax, enjoy the view and take some pictures before going back.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Choachi, Choachi, Cundinamarca Department
You'll arrive back at the car after about 3 hours. After the hike, you can enjoy a well-deserved meal at a magnificent local's restaurant. Depending on availability and the itinerary, you will have lunch at Choachí or La Candelaria. After a satisfying day out, you’ll return to the city, back to your hotel or preferred destination.
Duration: 1 hour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Bogota area
- Professional guide in your language of preference (English, Portuguese, Spanish, German)
- Entry tickets
- Lunch if option selected
- Entry/Admission - Waterfall The Chiflón
- Entry/Admission - Cascada La Chorrera
- Optional fees and gratuities
- Personal expenses
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up service from Bogotá Hotels /Accommodations. Please enter your pick up details.
* Note: pick-up from other towns have an additional cost (including but not limited to Chía, Cota, Funza, Mosquera, La Calera). Please contact us to arrange it.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A good shape or fitness is recommended
- It is recommended that you wear hiking shoes and bring a change of clothes
- The recommendation is taking it after two nights from your arrival to Bogotá if you are not used to the height
- It is not allowed to swim at La Chorrera.
- Changes on the tour may occur due to external factors. These changes will be notified to you with anticipation.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Depending on the season the waterfall will have more or less water flow.
- Lunch is included only if the option is selected.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.91 out of 5 based on the last 23 recent reviews