Santorini Small-Group Cooking Class and Wine Tasting35 reviews
The day starts with a visit to a charming vineyard learning about the unique viticulture that makes Santorini’s vine-growing respected worldwide for its distinctive means of production.
Hear about the wine and the island’s characteristic volcanic soil — known as aspa — that helps produce wine with abundant mineral flavors and light notes.
During the tour you will visit two traditional Santorini wineries and taste the island’s signature types of wine such as Assyrtiko, Nykteri and Vinsanto.
Then chat with your guide about the island’s cuisine and help a local chef prepare a feast of three Santorini signature dishes at a traditional restaurant.
When your food is ready, sit down to eat. Savor all the fruits of your labor at the end of the cooking lesson and help yourself to wine to complement your creations.
Finish with a glass of Vinsanto and a local dessert to end your meal in the Santorini way.
· Boutari winery
· Gavalas or Venetsanos Winery or Hatzidakis Winery
· Cooking class restaurant
• Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
• Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
• Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)*
• 4. Dessert of the day (Santorini homemade)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 8 tastings of wine at two traditional wineries of Santorini (Boutari Winery and Gavalas Winery)
- Cooking class at Aroma Avlis Food and Wine Restaurant (Artemis Karamolegos Winery)
- Professional Chef
- Professional guide at the wineries
- Full 3-course lunch after the cooking lesson including wine and Vinsanto
- Recipe card
- Mineral water
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Santorini hotel / Apartment / AirBnB
Directions: Tour includes pickup and drop-service from all accommodations and hotels throughout Santorini.
In case your accommodation is not car-accessible or access restricted, pickup will be coordinated within walking distance from your accommodation.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hotel pick-ups will be done to the closest accessible areas; parts of Santorini are in a slope and can't be accessed by vehicles
- Minimum age for the consumption of alcohol is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The wines served during the tour are mainly whites and dessert wines, as these are the kind of wines the island of Santorini produces. This is a gentle note for guests that only drink red wine.
- Tour route: · Boutari Winery or Estate Argyros · Gavalas Winery or Venetsanos Winery · Aroma Avlis Food & Wine (Artemis Karamolegos Winery)
- Cooking lesson menu:
- Greek salad, Santorini version (vegetarian)
- Tomato-fritters (traditional Santorini appetizer, vegetarian)
- Local pork fillet on sweet "Vinsanto" wine sauce (signature Santorini dish)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews