Authentic Embera Indian Village Tour5 reviews
Your host will prepare you for the cultural feast you are about to experience by sharing the history and customs of the Emberá Indians. These are the keepers of the Rainforest and Chagres River. When you arrive at the Chagres National Park, you will leave the comfort of your vehicle to board the dugout canoes that will take you to the Emberá Village. Although not the most luxurious, these dug outs are sturdy and worthy craft which were critical in the conquering of the jungle and in establishing supply lifelines for both Indians and Spanish. After motoring up river, you will see the village emerge from the jungle as if by magic. Keep your eyes open along the way, as the region offers abundant wildlife that is particularly active along the river’s edge.
In the Village, the Chief will welcome you with traditional Emberá hospitality. A series of dances have been arranged to add to this cultural exchange. Feel free to wonder the village, ask questions or interact with these quiet people. Please remember that we are guests in their home and a good measure of common sense and sensitivity towards their privacy is appreciated.
The Emberá men and woman are spectacular craftsmen have produced some beautiful items, which will be available for purchase as souvenirs or keepsakes of this unique experience.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Visit to Embera Indian Village
- Guided Tour
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel Drop Off
- Entry/Admission - Chagres National Park
- Entry/Admission - Embera Tours Panama
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 5 recent reviews