Full-Day Tour to Santiago de Compostela and Valença do Minho from Porto23 reviews
Visit this amazing City, exploring the one of the most important pilgrim sites in Europe. On the return, stop and visit also Valença do Minho which has an amazing fortress in Vauben style.
Discover these two beautiful cities of southern Europe on a full-day sightseeing tour from Porto.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
Your expert guide will collect you from your hotel/accommodation or meeting point and will drive you to Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
On your way to Santiago, the guide will give you insights regarding the Portuguese history, development and cultural facts of portuguese heritage.
Crossing the border and entering in Spain, insights regarding the pilgrimage and the story and facts of Santiago will be given.
Stop At: Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Province of A Coruna, Galicia
Once in Spain, you will arrive to our main destination.
Santiago de Compostela, is one of the most magical cities in Galicia, Spain. Santiago concentrates in itself, culture, religion, people, academic life and tourism. And, because of its beauty, the city won the title of World Heritage. Its famous pilgrimage way, known as the “Caminho de Santiago” (St. James way) won also the title of World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
Visit this amazing City, exploring the one of the most important pilgrim sites in Europe.
You will have free time to explore on your own the historical city center of Santiago and its famous Cathedral.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral De Santiago de Compostela, Praza do Obradoiro S/N, 15704, Santiago de Compostela Spain
Once in Santiago, you guide will give you free time to explore this incredible site.
You will be able to visit and explore the Cathedral!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Santiago de Compostela. Casco Historico, Santiago de Compostela - Provincia de a Coruna - Galicia - Espana, 15704, Santiago de Compostela Spain
IN CASE YOU CHOSE THE LUNCH INCLUDED OPTION, the guide will escort to a traditional tapas restaurant at the historical city center so you can taste and drink some of the traditional food from Galicia!
Drinks are included on your meal as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Valenca, Valenca, Viana do Castelo District, Northern Portugal
After lunch it's time to return to Portugal, to your next stop: Valença do Minho!
Standing on the border with Spain and overlooking the River Minho, Valença is surrounded by walls and displays all the characteristic features of a town that was fortified in the seventeenth century in the style of the French military architect, Vauban.
Its first name was "Contrasta", which referred to a village standing opposite another one and was clearly a reference to its position directly across the River Minho from the Galician town of Tui.
Today, it is a city with a flourishing trade, in which some of the most popularly sought after items are the pieces produced by the local craftsmen.
Duration: 45 minutes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for option with hotel pick up and drop off included
- Lunch - Only for option with lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
R. de Mouzinho da Silveira 352, 4000-069 Porto, Portugal
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Porto city or Vila Nova de Gaia city.
In alternative, we can collect you from the Tourist Service/Living Tours located at Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 350, Porto - next to Porto - São Bento train station.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Usually our tours run in one language but there are cases of one extras language or more.
- Tours run in samll groups between 8 and 30 people
- Duration: the hours of duration are approximate hours, The Tour is subject to local traffic, visit schedules, etc
- Pick up: Free of charge in central Oporto and Vila Nova de Gaia hotels. For private and other types of accommodation the meeting point is at LIVING TOURS PORTO (Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352/354 Porto) - next to São Bento train station, Porto
- Reservation is mandatory and requires na emai request/confirmation. Bookings must be confirmed at least 48 hours befor the date of the servisse. Cancellations within 48 hours or less will be fully charged.
- All tours depart from Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia
- The services included in the tours/wine estate visits, restaurants, etc) are subject to 3rd party availability and may change without prior notice.
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.61 out of 5 based on the last 23 recent reviews