Shark Cage Diving and Viewing from Cape Town74 reviews
Marine Dynamics, operating in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa, a world hot spot for the great white shark - you will experience an incredible cage diving adventure on board our custom designed boat, Slashfin, (named after one of our visiting sharks). An on board marine biologist will educate you as you get up close and personal with this amazing apex predator in the famous Shark Alley. We are certified by Fair Trade in Tourism, live by our motto of ‘Discover and Protect’ and work together with the Dyer Island Conservation Trust. We are involved in shark research which includes shark fin identification and tagging and tracking the great white. You will leave with great memories and a deep appreciation of this majestic animal. We are only 2 hours drive from Cape Town along a scenic route. The trip includes an educational briefing, breakfast or lunch; refreshments on board; a complimentary drink on return; towels, clean wetsuits, goggles. Enjoy your trip with our very experienced crew. Professional footage available for purchase, provided to you after the trip via easy to use download service. A FREE PENGUIN VISIT to The African Penguin and Seabird Sanctuary, is also included.
• Dyer Island, South Africa
• African Penguin & Seabird Sanctuary, Geelbek Street Van Dyks Bay, Gansbaai, Overstrand 7220 South Africa
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All diving gear and towels supplied
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from hotels, guesthouse, backpackers, vacation rentals and any other points within Cape Town city center.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- You must contact the local service provider to confirm your exact pickup time
- It is recommended that you wear a swim-suit underneath your clothes
- This tour typically departs at 9am, however if the weather conditions are bad in the morning, the tour will leave in the afternoon; this will be confirmed by the tour operator close to the day of your tour
- Please note: Sharks are wild animals and their presence cannot be guaranteed. Every experience that guests have w, is educational from start to finish. The local supplier works with wild life and nature and sightings are never guaranteed. If a shark has been sighted from the boat, they will consider that a successful trip. If there is no shark activity while on a shark cage diving tour with the supplier, then a voucher will be offered. This voucher is not transferable – your name and passport number will be recorded on the voucher. The transfer fee is non-refundable.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews