Johannesburg Walking Tour: Carlton Centre Observation Deck and No go zone5 reviews
Home to the Rainbow Nation, this fast-paced city combines the best of the new South Africa with the country’s rich cultural history, and a great way to discover it all is by foot.
Setting off from Ghandi Square, we’ll take in the impressive statue of a youthful Gandhi and artwork celebrating Jo’burg’s multicultural roots, before moving to the base of the Carlton Centre. We’ll head up to the 50th floor to soak up the views and get the lay of the land before hitting the pavements, strolling down streets lined with both historic and modern buildings.
We’ll then head off to the Maboneng Cultural Precinct to explore what once was a “No Go Zone” but has now been transformed into one of the most vibrant and trendy areas of Johannesburg. You will see with your own eyes just how far South Africa has come since the apartheid regime, when Johannesburg was still considered to be one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Today we are proud to be known as a relatively safe, multicultural city that has a lot to offer visitors.
We’ll set our compass back to Ghandi Square where you’ll get local recommendations from your guide before being transferred back to your hotel.
- Local English speaking guide
- Transportation as indicated
- Entry/Admission - Carlton Centre
- Entry/Admission - Museum Africa
- Entry/Admission - SAB World of Beer
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for drivers and guide
Johannesburg, South Africa
Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located hotels in Johannesburg
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Africa. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means covering shoulders and no short shorts. We recommend a mixture of loose, lightweight clothing and warm clothing for the evenings. Shorts should be knee-length. Singlets and tank tops are not suitable.
- Maximum group size is 12.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4 out of 5 based on the last 4 recent reviews