Half-Day Korean DMZ Tour from Seoul206 reviews
*** Special note:
The Korean Demilitarized Zone is temporarily closed due to African Swine Flu until the further notice from the government (we assume it until the beginning of Feb. 2020). During this time, the tour will visit Imjingak Park, Freedom Bridge, Odusan Observatory and War Memorial Museum to learn about the Korean War.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: DMZ, Munsan-eup, Majeong-ri Imjingak Tourist information center, Paju, Gyeonggi-do South Korea
You will be picked up at your hotel in Central Seoul or subway station then taken to Imjingak Park.
Once you arrive at the park, you can see the Freedom Bridge and an old steam train that shows the extremity of the tragedy that was the Korean War at Imjingak Park.
Then, the DMZ bus will head to the 3rd Tunnel that North Korean Army built to infiltrate South Korea in 1970s. You will walk down to the tunnel (about 500m, round trip) wearing a safety helmet. After coming out of tunnel, you will have some time to look around the DMZ Exhibition Hall which shows the Korean War, old weapons and Korea's history.
After the Exhibition Hall, you will head to Mt Dora to see North Korea from the Observatory. There are many telescopes to look at North Korea’s propaganda village.
Then you will move to Dorasan Station, the last station before entering North Korea from South Korea. You can get a stamp that resembles the immigration desk in the airport, as a souvenir (You will not be entering North Korea).
On the way back to Imjingak Park, your vehicle will pass by the Unification Village before heading back to Seoul.
Once you return to Seoul, you will stop-by a Korean Ginseng Center (This place will be skipped if you choose "without shopping tour" option) before you will be dropped off at the City Hall.
You can choose 1 of 2 half day tours with morning or afternoon.
Duration: 6 hours
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - DMZ
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us with the name & full address of your accommodation in Seoul if there are no listed.
And we can meet at subway stations in Central Seoul.
City Hall Station, Jeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required for afternoon tour
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- *** The Korean Demilitarized Zone is temporarily closed due to African Swine Flu until the further notice from the government (we assume it until the beginning of Feb. 2020). During this time, the tour will visit Imjingak Park, Freedom Bridge, Odusan Observatory and War Memorial Museum to learn about the Korean War.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews