Southeast Asia Travel Guide
Start preparing for your holiday to Southeast Asia with our travel guide covering everything from visas to weather. Plan when to go according to the seasons and make sure you've got the correct tourist visa before you travel. See what multi-country touring combinations we offer and see what our travellers think about our tours to the region. You can also discover more about the temples of Angkor with our handy guide to visiting the complex and best temples to see.
Possible touring combinations in Southeast Asia to cover more of this beautiful region
Don't just take our word for it - see why our travellers love our tours to Southeast Asia
The top 10 temples to visit in the Angkor complex including Bayon, Ta Phrom & more
- Eden in the East
by Stephen Oppenheimer
- Forgotten Wars: Freedom and Revolution in Southeast Asia
by Christopher Bayly
- Nations and states in Southeast Asia
by Nicholas Tarling
Facts about Southeast Asia
- There are over 20,000 islands in Southeast Asia though only a fraction are inhabited.
- Water buffaloes (native to Southeast Asia) provide 11% of the world's milk, which is much more than goats.
- Buddhism is the most popular religion on mainland Southeast Asia with most villages home to a temple or wat.
Southeast Asia Travel Advice for UK Travellers
We closely monitor the latest travel guidance to Southeast Asia and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates for the countries in Southeast Asia you are travelling to when planning your trip. For more specific country information, please refer to the relevant destination page on our website.