Private Day Trip: Sigiriya and Dambulla Rock Cave Temple from Kandy
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Main Road, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Leave your hotel by 07:00 am to Sigiriya for Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Golden Temple of Dambulla, Dambulla 21100 Sri Lanka
Enter the historic caves of the Golden Temple of Dambulla, dating back to the 1st century BC. View the ancient murals depicting the life story of Lord Gautama Buddha. Look at the hundreds of figurines of Buddha and other deities scattered throughout the five main caves. Visit the Cave of the Divine King, Cave of the Great King and the Great New Monastery. See the giant golden Buddha Statue just a little distance outside the cave complex.
Duration: 1 hour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-speaking chauffeur guide.
- Lunch at a Local Restaurant.
- 1-Liter Water Bottles Per Person.
- Entrance Fees to Sigiriya Rock Fortress and Dambulla Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Meals where not specified.
- Personal expenses.
Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Kandy
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Wearing covering attire along with Sandals or Flip Flops is recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka.
- Driving time may change due to unpredictable road traffic.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems (climbing in Sigiriya)
- Not recommended for pregnant women (climbing in Sigiriya)
- Not wheelchair accessible (certain areas)
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.