Aboriginal Cultural Daintree Rainforest Tour from Cairns or Port Douglas22 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mossman Gorge, Daintree National Park, Queensland 4873 Australia
Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Mayi Cafe at Mossman Gorge. Experience a traditional Aboriginal Welcome to Country smoking ceremony. Book either: guided rainforest walk in Mossman Gorge rainforest with your driver guide, OR Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk in Mossman Gorge with an experienced Aboriginal guide. Select your choice upon booking.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Kuku yalanji cultural heritage beach walk, Bougainvillea St, Cooya Beach, Queensland Australia
2 hour coastal and cultural walk. The traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people has three diverse ecosystems: beach, mangrove and coastal reef. A member of the Kubirri Warra clan will introduce you to their traditional fishing and gathering techniques. Any catch of crabs, mussels and fish is cooked up to share with homemade damper on the shore of Cooya Beach.
Duration: 3 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Travel by air-conditioned coach
- Local knowledgeable guide
- Two-hour coastal and cultural walk
- Mossman Gorge Rainforest
- Entry/Admission - Mossman Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Kuku yalanji cultural heritage beach walk
- NO pickup from Machans Beach, Holloways Beach and Yorkeys Knob.
Traveler pickup is offered
Please note, pick up from a selection of hotels in Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas is
available - contact the operator after booking to confirm your closest pickup location.
Returns to original departure point :
Port Douglas: 5:30pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants are not recommended
- Tour size - Minimum 4, Maximum 16 people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- No refund will be given if the itinerary is altered due to weather conditions
- Please bring sun protection, insect repellant and a bottle of water.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.77 out of 5 based on the last 22 recent reviews