Tradition and Culture Small-Group Tour in Yangon, Including Shwedagon Pagoda Visit12 reviews
After a short visit inside the museum, continue your tour with a walk through a local residential area until you reach Kandawgyi Park, which offers views of Shwedagon Pagoda across Kandawgyi Lake. Along the way, your guide will share local stories and anecdotes, as well as answer any questions your small group poses about local life in Yangon. Then stop at a teahouse for a tea break and some people watching before heading to Shwedagon Pagoda.
Inside the eastern entrance to the pagoda, your guide will point out a very different type of local market, which demonstrates how significant Buddhism is in the daily life of Myanmar. After exploring the market a bit, you’ll climb a long, stair-filled corridor up to the pagoda platform, accompanied by your guide’s explanation of the locals’ unique Buddhist beliefs.
The magnificent golden dome of Shwedagon Pagoda rises an impressive 322 feet (98 meters) from its base and is said to have been covered with tons of pure gold, along with numerous precious stones such as jade, rubies, sapphires and diamonds. Humbling in its beauty, the golden dome is one of the city’s most iconic sites. Observe locals and monks offering their devotions as the sun sets across the golden pagoda.
After sufficient time exploring the famous site, hop back in your minivan and head back to the meeting point, an approximate 30-minute drive away. You are welcome to remain at Shwedagon Pagoda, but you will be responsible for your own transportation back to the city center.
- Transport by coach
- Local English speaking guide
- Tea or coffee
- Entry/Admission - Shwedagon Pagoda
- Entry/Admission - Bogyoke Aung San Museum
- Entry/Admission - Kandawgyi Park
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
At Independence Monument in Maha Bandula Park
At Independence Monument in Maha Bandula Park, Downtown Yangon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Dress in Myanmar is conservative, so lightweight, long-sleeved clothing is appropriate. Skirts, dresses, and shorts should be knee-length or lower. Wear comfortable walking shoes and check the weather before you leave
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat and a raincoat if necessary
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.08 out of 5 based on the last 12 recent reviews