All Inclusive Mutianyu Great Wall and Summer Palace Private Day Tour101 reviews
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Niaochao National Stadium, No.1 Guojia Tiyuchang South Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing China
Meet your private guide in hotel's lobby at 8:30am in Beijing.
On the way to The Mutianyu Great Wall, if time allows, you are able to stop to take photos at the iconic "Bird's Nest"– the Beijing National Stadium, where hosts many spectacular events of the 2008 Summer Olympics.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Village, Bohai Town, Huairou District, Beijing China
Once arrive at the The Mutianyu Great Wall, you’ll enjoy a less hurried experience and take time to marvel at this wondrous structure and the surrounding hillsides. Hiking up and down for about 1.5 hours at the various sections of the Wall, exploring the watch and beacon towers.
Mutianyu is a bit more rugged and slightly less crowded than the more famous Badaling. Over 96% of Mutianyu is covered by trees and orchards, keeping the air fragrant with chestnut blossoms in the spring and fresh all year long.
You will stop at a Local Restaurant for lunch.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Summer Palace (Yiheyuan), No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 China
In the afternoon, continue to a well-preserved royal garden: the Summer Palace. Renowned for its beautiful landscape and spectacular architecture, the Summer Palace has been listed in the World Heritage Sites and considered as one of the most classical gardens of the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Hall of Benevolence and Longevity, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
Learn the stories about Empress Cixi with your tour guide here and check out her living quarters.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Long Corridor at the Summer Palace, No.19 Xinjian Gongmen Road, Haidian District, Beijing China
Walk along the longest corridor in the world which listed on the Guinness book of world record;
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Qingyan Stone Boat, Inside Summer Palace, Haidian District, Beijing 100091 China
Then continue to the Marble Boat--a foreign style superstructure which was supposed to be a symbol of stability of the Qing Dynasty.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for hotels within the 5th ring road)
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance Fee
- Cable car round trip or ski lift up and toboggan ticket
- Entry/Admission - Mutianyu Great Wall
- Entry/Admission - Summer Palace (Yiheyuan)
- Entry/Admission - Hall of Benevolence and Longevity
- Entry/Admission - Long Corridor at the Summer Palace
- Entry/Admission - Qingyan Stone Boat
- Dragon boat cruise in the Summer Palace
- Additional entrance fee to the museums
- Entry/Admission - Niaochao National Stadium
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotel within the 5th ring road of Beijing city, please provide the hotel details when make booking. If your hotel is out of the 5th ring road of Beijing city, may have extra cost.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you choose to have Spanish language tour guide service, please ensure to make your booking at least 3 days in advance
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews