Discover Red Dune: Camel Rides & BBQ in Exclusive Bedouin Camp332 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Dubai, Dubai, Emirate of Dubai
Choose from 4-hour program that includes dune bashing, sandboarding and camel ride or the full 7-hour program with the addition of a BBQ dinner and enjoy many other activities at a VIP Bedouin-style camp'.
Start your experience with pickup in a safari-style 4WD vehicle from your central Dubai hotel and zoom into the remote Lahbab desert that lies outside the city.
During the drive, your guide answers any questions and shares information about the region. Head off road into bright red dunes and have your camera ready to capture what looks like giant beanbags of sand. During a break to gather the convoy, make use of optional quad bikes on-site. Then hold tight as you cruise toward the highest slopes. Feel the adrenaline race as your 4x4 plows up the dunes before sliding and slipping back down the slopes, churning up billowing clouds of sand in the process.
Reach a high desert dune for a photo stop and admire 360-degree views of the desert landscape as the sun slowly sets (afternoon tour). Take a camel ride and surf the dunes on a sandboard before you continue on to a Bedouin-style camp hidden in the middle of the desert (if 7-hour option selected).
The 4-hour tour ends here and you are returned to your Dubai hotel.
For those who have chosen a 7-hour tour, proceed to a torchlit camp, settle inside a cushion-strewn tent, and savor some fresh Arabian coffee and dates. Your safari guide will brief you about the various activities available: smoke a shisha (water pipe), decorate your hands with henna designs, and take pictures in traditional Arabic clothes.
As dusk falls, dig into a scrumptious barbecue dinner of dishes such as kebabs, hummus, and salads accompanied by sodas and mineral water, and additional drinks (own expense) from the bar. While you eat, enjoy a colorful belly dancing show and tanoura performance, where fast-spinning dancers whirl across the stage. If you wish, click snaps with Arabian falcons at the camp.
Finally, return to Dubai by 4x4, where your experience concludes with a hotel drop-off.
- Pick-up and drop off from your selected hotel
- Licensed English-speaking safari guide with in 4x4 vehicle
- Cold bottled water in vehicle
- Dune bashing 30-45 minutes
- Sand-boarding in the desert
- Short camel rides
- Sunset photo stop in the desert
- Welcome greet at camp with Qawha (Arabic coffee), dates & Lugamat (traditional sweet)
- All desert camp activities including BBQ buffet dinner, Shisha pipe, Tanura & Belly Dance show, henna painting, camel rides and unlimited soft drinks – (with the 7-hour tour option)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase at the desert camp)
- Quad bikes
Traveler pickup is offered
Complimentary pickup from any hotel in Dubai and Port Rashid (Cruise terminal). Pickup from Jebal Ali and Investment Park or other locations available on additional cost. Pick-up time will be within 45 minutes before the tour start-time.
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All vehicles are fully insured and equipped with safety features, such as roll bars, seat belts, government tracker, GPS, GMS and a first aid box.
- The tour is not suitable for pregnant women and people with heart, neck, or back problem.
- The program is subject to change due to religious seasons or other circumstances, which may prevent certain activities from taking place.
- The camp features designated areas for Shisha smoking. Additional charge will apply if Shisha is required at the tables.
- Falcons may not be available at the camp during hotter months (mainly in July & August).
- Tour duration includes pickup and travel time.
- Children under 3 years of age are not allowed on the tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews