Lapland Reindeer and Husky Safari from Rovaniemi
After visiting the reindeer, you will meet huskies and enjoy of a husky ride before heading back to Rovaniemi.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently not taking new bookings for day tours.
This combined husky and reindeer package is specially designed for those who would like to get the most of Lapland in a short period of time.
First, you will be taken to a reindeer farm for a short visit and sledge safari. You will have the opportunity to pass an exam on handling a reindeer sled and even receive a special “driving license”. Take a seat in the sled- and you are off!
After visiting the reindeer, you will visit the home of the wonderful huskys where you will learn all about them, hug and pet them. After a safety briefing and instructions, enjoy the excitement of riding a husky-pulled sled.
- Guide service
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Reindeer-drawn sleigh ride, 500m
- International Reindeer driver’s license souvenir
- Husky-drawn sleigh ride, 2km
- Hot drink
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- Thermal outerwear
Traveler pickup is offered
Please notice that pick up time is different for different hotels.
The average pick up time is 08:45-09:15. For more details look for our customer
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please dress warmly in winter layers for this activity
- All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
- Other languages upon request
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.