Lofthellir Ice Cave from Akureyri6 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Myvatn Iceland
Lake Myvatn (Short Photo Stops)
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Saga Travel, Kaupvangsstraeti 4, Akureyri 600 Iceland
Spending the day with our Saga Travel GeoIceland guide
Stop At: Lofthellir Lava Cave, Lake Myvatn Area, Lake Myvatn Iceland
Ludentsborgir Crater Row, Lava field hike, Cave Lofthellir, Natural Ice Sculptures & the Volcanic Outback by Lake Myvatn
Duration: 3 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Use of cave exploration equipment; helmet, headlights and rubber boots
- Food and drinks
HOF Culture Centre and Tourist Information Office
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended that you bring warm clothes, gloves and a bottle of water
- Small group tour, maximum 10 passengers
- This tour is not suitable for young children, people with claustrophobia or people that are not in reasonable physical condition
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour
- There is ice and water on the floor of the cave and the temperature inside the cave is around 0°C
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with Claustrophobia
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.5 out of 5 based on the last 6 recent reviews