Private Day Trip to Petra from Amman
One of the 7 Wonders of the World, Petra is a spectacular example the engineering genius of these ancient people. Enter the city through the Siq, a narrow gorge over 1km in length, and admire the dazzling colors and rock formations before catching your first sight of Al Khazneh (The Treasury).
As you enter the Petra valley, you will be overwhelmed by the natural beauty of this place and its outstanding architectural achievements. There are hundreds of elaborate rock-cut tombs with intricate carvings, a massive Roman-style theatre to seat 3,000 people, magnificent obelisks, temples, sacrificial altars, and colonnaded streets, as well as the impressive Ad Deir Monastery overlooking the valley.
You can gain an insight into Petra’s colorful past at the two museums within the site – the Petra Archaeological Museum and the Petra Nabataean Museum. You can also visit the small stalls set up by the several artisans from the town of Wadi Musa and a nearby Bedouin settlement, selling local handicrafts, such as pottery, Bedouin jewelry, and bottles of striated multi-colored sands from the area.
- English speaking guide in Petra until the restaurant area (about 2.5 hours)
- 700 meters horse ride in Petra from the main gate (not mandatory, horse handler expects a tip)
- Hotel pickup
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Petra
- Meals and beverage
- A horse-drawn carriage or camel ride in Petra
- Tips and private expenses
- Hotel drop-off
Pick up from any hotel or location in Amman.
Once the guests are arriving from Aqaba port, we should have the passport details or at least passport number and date of birth along with the name as per the passport. Noting that in order to let the driver enter the port and to pick the guest we have to arrange a previous permission for them and it take 24 hours ( should do it between 08:30 – am – 13:00 pm, Jordan time)
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Shoes and a backpack for beverage
- Once the guests are arriving from Aqaba port, we should have the passport details or at least passport number and date of birth along with the name as per the passport. Noting that in order to let the driver enter the port and to pick the guest we have to arrange a previous permission for them and it take 24 hours ( should do it between 08:30 – am – 13:00 pm, Jordan time)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.