Private Tour: Wadi Rum Jeep and Camel Adventure from Petra
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wadi Rum Protected Area, Wadi Rum Jordan
09:00am pickup from your Petra hotel lobby. Your English speaking driver takes you for 1.5 hours to Wadi Rum desert. Meet your Bedouin guide and your camel and start with your adventure. You need no previous knowledge to ride a camel. You have a mounted guide, meaning the guide rides on a camel too and does not walk beside you. Lunch will be served at a touristic campsite.
Early afternoon embark on a jeep ride. Jeeps in Wadi Rum belong to Bedouin cooperatives. Please be prepared to sit in the back of a pick up truck and the vehicle is an old model. You will see Khazali canyon with rock inscriptions, the red sand dune area and Um Frouth rock bridge. You have the opportunity to climb the rock bridge (it takes 5 to 10 minutes) and enjoy the amazing view of the surrounding desert. Certainly there is time for photos. Say goodbye to the desert, meet your driver to get back to Petra. Your tour finishes with drop off at your hotel in Petra.
Duration: 6 hours
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 2 hours camel ride in Wadi Rum with Bedouin handler
- 3 hours jeep ride with English speaking Bedouin driver
- Lunch at campsite (beverage not included)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Wadi Rum Protected Area
- Travel insurance
Any hotel in Petra
Any hotel in Petra
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Recommended are comfortable shoes and covering clothes
- Essential is sun protection and a scarf against the possible dust
- Camel handlers have most of the time basic English skills
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.