Piha and Karekare Rainforest Wine Tour from Auckland15 reviews
First, visit Babich Wines with your guide, and sample a range of reisling and sauvignon blanc wines produced on their vineyards in Hawkes Bay. As you taste the wines, gain insight into the process the grapes undergo from vineyard to glass.
Then, continue on into the beautiful Waitakere Ranges to the Arataki visitors’ center. On arrival, enjoy panoramic views over the rainforest reserve and learn of the diverse flora and fauna thriving below the leafy canopy.
Continue on to top natural attractions including the remote black-sand beach of Piha and the New Zealand native forest setting of Karekare, and admire the beautiful Karekare waterfalls. Then, enjoy a 50-minute drive through the dense rainforest and open farmland to a local cafe for lunch.
After lunch, travel through the Ararimu Valley to West Brook Wines and Kumeu River Wines, and sample some of the diverse chardonnay, pinot gris, and pinot noir wines in production. When your final winery tour comes to an end, return in comfort to your Auckland hotel to conclude your 7.5-hour tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Infant seats for children under seven years of age
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/1/2019 - 3/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:30 AM - 04:00 PM|
Traveler pickup is offered
- Level 1, Ports of Auckland Building/1 Sunderland St, Parnell, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 15 recent reviews