Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua33 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: River Rats Raft & Kayak, 837 Te Ngae Rd, Rotorua 3074 New Zealand
The trip runs through a stunning bush clad gorge and features 14 rapids, including the worlds highest commercially rafted waterfall.
Your day will begin with a pickup from your hotel. From here you will be taken to the airport base where you will obtain your equipment and participate in a safety briefing as well as quick training. After this you'll proceed to Kaituna River.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Kaituna River, Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand
You can't get more thrills and action than on a grade 5 rapid. Fast and furious, you'll ride through foamy water over the seven meter drop waterfall!
Most of the trip runs through a very narrow gorge with sheer rock walls clad in ferns and other native plants providing a truly stunning backdrop to this exciting tour.
Although this trip provides full on action the pool drop nature of the river means it is not technically difficult so the trip is suitable for adventurous beginners. In fact around 70% of customers have never rafted before.
Around 15 - 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information.
Situated in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve the river is pool drop, meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river.
You'll be provided with:
• Safety Helmets
• Polar Fleece Tops (weather dependent)
• Spray jackets (weather dependent)
• Wetsuit Booties
Duration: 50 minutes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- Food and drinks
River Rats Raft & Kayak, 837 Te Ngae Road, Owhata, Rotorua 3074, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Transfers available from central Rotorua commercial accommodation
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- There is a recommended minimum weight of 40 kilograms (88 pounds) for this tour
- Please bring swimwear, a towel and a sense of adventure!
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews