Peru Travel Guide
Start preparing your visit to the land of the Incas with our handy travel guide resources that cover all you'll need to know. Discover the best time to visit, top attractions to include on your itinerary and what visas you'll need to get there. If you're looking to explore more of South America, have a look at our multi-country tour combos that feature Peru and its neighbors. We also have more info on the style of travel in Peru, plenty of tips on everything from health and currency to food and shopping, plus a range of comprehensive articles on Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail - key features of the ancient site, what to expect of the hike and what to pack for it.
Don't miss these top attractions that include Inca ruins, historic cities & natural wonders
The best ruins to look out for, when best to visit, places to stay & getting the train there
- Conversation in the Cathedral
by Mario Vargas Llosa
- The Conquest of the Incas
by John Hemming
- At Play in the Fields of the Lord
by Peter Matthiessen
Facts about Peru
- Peru is home to the world's deepest canyon and highest navigable lake - the incredible Lake Titicaca.
- Second only to India, Peru has one of the largest numbers of Shamans in the world.
- In Peru, it is tradition to give friends and family yellow underpants on New Year's Eve.
Peru Travel Advice:
We keep track of the latest travel guidance to Peru and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. The safety of our travelers is high priority and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.