Full-day Cape Point and Constantia Wine Tasting Private Tour from Cape Town11 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chapman's Peak Drive, Hout Bay Road Between Noordhoek and Hout Bay, 7872 South Africa
Meet your friendly private guide in Cape Town and head west by air-conditioned minivan, travelling along one of the world’s must-do routes -- Chapman’s Peak Drive. Wrapping itself around the Cape Peninsula, this cliff-hugging pass cuts into the mountainside, with sheer drops down to the crashing ocean waves below. Hair-raising to drive yourself, Chapman’s Peak (if open - subject to weather conditions) is far better to experience as a passenger, offering some of the most indescribably scenic views that you’ll probably ever see.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Town Central South Africa
After approximately 30 minutes, arrive at the Cape of Good Hope Reserve, part of Table Mountain National Park, for a leisurely walk with your guide. Following craggy stone paths along the headland, wander over to the Cape Point lighthouse to see the wild Atlantic waves lapping on the cliffs.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cape of Good Hope, Cape Point Rd, Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Continue to Cape Point, the narrow finger of land that marks South Africa’s southeastern tip, and with your guide walk through the beautiful Cape Point Nature Reserve. Keep an eye out for the wildlife that roams free along the coastal paths, like Ostrich, Antelope and lizards, to name a few!
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Kalk Bay Harbour, Kalk Bay 7990 South Africa
Hop back on board your luxury minivan and relax on the journey north to Constantia Valley, known as Cape Town’s vineyard. On the way, pass the beach resorts of Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay, as well as picture-perfect villages like St James and Simon’s Town.
Stop At: Boulders Beach Penguin Colony, Simon's Town 7995 South Africa
Stop at Boulders Beach, famously home to a large colony of African penguins, to have a look around independently. Entrance to the penguin reserve is at your own expense, but the free walkways next to the reserve also offer great viewing platform
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Groot Constantia Estate Groot Constantia Road, Constantia 7806 South Africa
Arriving in Constantia Valley in the late afternoon, head straight to Groot Constantia -- a historical wine estate that was founded in 1685. As fine as it is old, the estate is a joy to explore and you’ll do just that on a group tour of its fascinating wine cellars. End your tour on a high note with a wine-tasting session before returning to Cape Town.
Duration: 1 hour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cellar tour and wine tasting at Groot Constantia wine estate
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local English-speaking professional tour guide
- 1x Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Chapman's Peak Drive
- Entry/Admission - Cape Point Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Cape of Good Hope
- Entry/Admission - Groot Constantia
- Entrance fees to the penguin reserve at Boulders Beach
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Boulders Beach Penguin Colony
Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick-up from any hotel, guesthouse, backpackers or street address within 10km radius of Cape Town or Stellenbosch central. If your hotel is not listed, simply select "my hotel is not listed" on the drop-down menu and type your preferred pick-up address.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Customers who have not reached South Africa's legal drinking age of 18, will not be served alcohol
- Please wear clothing that is comfortable for walking; open-toed shoes and flip-flops are not suitable
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- The exact itinerary is subject to change and may, on occasions, run in reverse order or travel in a different route if Chapman's Peak Drive is closed
- Please note: Wine tasting or pairings are not included for children under the legal drinking age of 18 years. Extra meals or drinks are under the adult’s responsibility and is not included in price.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 11 recent reviews