Floating Markets Day Trip from Bangkok511 reviews
Take this tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, long-tailed motorized boat towards the Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you will see local vendors in their Thai style canoes, laden with colorful fruits, and vegetables, gently plying their way through the canals looking to sell their goods.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Coconut Sugar Farm, 296 Dumnoen Saduak Tambon Damnoen Saduak, Damnoen Saduak Thailand
Stop and see the fabrication process of coconut sugar, taste the natural candies. Enjoy the wild orchil presentation
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Salt Evaporation Pond, Amphoe Mueang, Samut Sakhon Thailand
Drive through the salt fields of Samut Sakhon province
Stop At: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Damnoun Saduak, Ratchaiburi, Damnoen Saduak 70130 Thailand
Following a morning pickup from your Bangkok city hotel (except non-refundable rate) meet your guide and travel out by air-conditioned coach to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets. Located a 2-hour drive southwest of Bangkok, the markets sit on a canal waterway created by King Rama IV in the 19th century to promote trade and development outside the capital. Today, they’re widely considered one of Bangkok’s top attractions and offer valuable insight into traditional Thai culture and traditions.
On arrival at Damnoen Saduak, hop aboard a long-tailed speedboat with your guide for an exciting ride through the marshes and stilt-houses to the markets. Once there, listen to a brief introduction from your guide and feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Marvel at the colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets, meats and souvenirs on display and take time to capture the market scenery on camera. Watch the traders and customers going about their daily business on this bustling and vibrant part of the canal, and perhaps purchase some fruit or souvenirs for yourself (own expense). Take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable locally) through the maze of traditional canoes and soak up the market atmosphere out on the water.
When your time at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is up, cruise back to your coach and hop back aboard for the return journey to your Bangkok, where your tour will come to an end.
Duration: 2 hours
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Long-tail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak floating market
- Include Hotel pickup and drop off if option chosen (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Coconut Sugar Farm
- Entry/Admission - Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Food and drinks
- Boat ride through the markets (optional extra, payable direct) unless option taken
Traveler pickup is offered
We Pick up from all hotels in the city center of Bangkok.
Departure Point: Pick up from Bangkok city hotels 20 - 45 minutes prior to the departure time.
Return point: Returns back to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Please Note: the longtail boat ride to Damnoen Saduak Floating Market will be 20-30 minutes
- You will have approximately 2 hours to spend at the market. Please allow 6 hours for the whole day.
- For Option without hotel pickup: All guests must make their way to the Narai Hotel, 222 Silom Road Bangkok and meet at the Tour East Desk for 06:45 AM. Please be aware that the bus will leave at 07:00 AM.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Infants seats are available upon request
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews