Ephesus Sightseeing Tour50 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of Hadrian, Curetes St., Selcuk Turkey
Enjoy pickup from your Kusadasi hotel and relax on the drive to Ephesus. When you arrive, stop at St John's Basilica on the top of Ayasuluk Hill. Visit the basilica and see the 4th-century tomb where the remains of the saint are said to be housed.
Next, travel to the ancient city of Ephesus, an important center of early Christianity. Ephesus was one of the seven churches addressed by Christ in a vision, according to the book of Revelation. With your guide, visit the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, then see the Great Theater, the Library of Celsus and many other well-preserved ancient temples.
Take a break to enjoy a delicious lunch of Turkish cuisine at a local restaurant, while your local guide explains interesting facts about Ephesus and its surroundings.
After lunch, visit the House of the Virgin Mary, where she spent the last days of her life. The cottage has been a pilgrimage place for many centuries, and was authenticated by Pope Paul VI in 1967.
Next, relax on your comfortable coach on the drive back to your hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: The Basilica of Saint John, Isa Bey Mahallesi, 2013. Sk. No:1, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
The Basilica of St. John
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
Virgin Mary's House
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Domitian, Selcuk Turkey
temple of domitian
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Bibliotheque de Celsus, Efes Selcuk Merkez, Selcuk, Selcuk Turkey
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Efes Antik Kenti Tiyatrosu, Selcuk Turkey
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
Temple of Artemis
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hadrian
- Entry/Admission - The Basilica of Saint John
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Domitian
- Entry/Admission - Bibliotheque de Celsus
- Entry/Admission - Efes Antik Kenti Tiyatrosu
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located Kusadasi hotels
Tour returns to original point of departure at approximately 6:00pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews