Diamond Head Crater Adventure505 reviews
You will also learn important facts about Hawaii’s native bird and plant species and will be presented with a Certificate of Achievement that states that you successfully made it to the famous summit of Diamond Head Crater. Visiting Diamond Head Crater is one of nature's spectacles you won't want to miss!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Diamond Head State Monument, 18th Ave. Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
Climb Hawaii’s most famous volcano on this 3-hour Diamond Head tour. A local guide will lead you through Diamond Head State Park and up to the summit, providing commentary about the crater’s history and geology. Prepare for spectacular views at the top, with a panorama of Waikiki and the turquoise waters stretched out below. At the end of your tour, you’ll be given an ‘I Climbed Diamond Head’ certificate from your guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Oahu Nature Tours, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96826
Who was Diamond Head Charlie? Why did Kamehameha’s warriors attack Oahu? Where were the ancient heiaus, human sacrificial altars and burial caves? How did the crater receive its famous name? Enjoy an educational and fun guided hike to the 763-foot summit of the most famous crater on Earth. Incredible 360-degree views of Waikiki and the turquoise blue Pacific Ocean await you.
This exciting tour of the world famous Diamond Head Crater begins with a short introductory talk by a trained nature guide. You will learn about the fascinating volcanic creation, Hawaiian history, European discovery, early cattle ranching, and modern day military use of the “Gibraltar of the Pacific” while being escorted on a 45-minute walk that ascends to the 763′ summit. Along the way our groups stop at several points to rest and photograph the crater. Walking up stairways, going into a dark 200 foot tunnel and climbing a spiral staircase imparts a sense of adventure. From the summit, you’ll be thrilled with the 360-degree panoramic views of Waikiki Beach, the emerald green mountains and the sparkling aquamarine water of the Pacific Ocean below.
The excursion is approximately 3 hours and is a truly memorable experience. You will also learn important facts about Hawaii’s native bird and plant species and will be presented with a Certificate of Achievement that states that you successfully made it to the famous summit of Diamond Head Crater.
Duration: 1 hour
- Small group tour
- Professional guide escorting you and narrating the entire trail
- Personalized "I Climbed Diamond Head" certificate with a photo of the crater (suitable for framing)
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop off at 9 centrally located meeting points in Waikiki
- Entry fee to the crater is included in your tour price
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Transportation from and to Waikiki
- Entry/Admission - Diamond Head State Monument
Traveler pickup is offered
For all our adventures you can select from nine centrally located and convenient meeting points in Waikiki. In addition to the listed hotels, we also pick up at the Army Museum bus stop on Kalia Road and the ROSS Store on Seaside Avenue.
Once we receive your online booking, our reservationists will automatically assign your pickup location to the one that is the closest to your hotel and will send you a confirmation email specifying that location with photos and maps. If you prefer to be picked up at a different location, please call our office.
If your hotel is outside of Waikiki we recommend that you meet us at the Ala Moana hotel.
Tour returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age limit: *CHILDREN MUST BE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OLD TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS ADVENTURE! All persons between 5 and 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over age 21.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with knee problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews