Puffing Billy Steam Train & Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Tour From Melbourne275 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grants on Sherbrooke, 70 Monbulk Rd, Kallista, Victoria 3789 Australia
At Grants on Sherbrooke, enjoy a delicious traditional Devonshire Tea of scones served warm with jam and cream, and tea or coffee served in china cups. Before you leave, you can hand-feed some of the most striking Australian birds such as the colourful Crimson Rosella, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo and Pink-chested Galah (seed provided)
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway, 1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia
Ride the century-old Puffing Billy Steam Train on the 30-minute ride from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. View the towering Mountain Ash trees and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Healesville Sanctuary, Glen Eadie Ave, Healesville VIC 3777, Australia
Get ready to meet a group of furry friends at Australia’s premier wildlife and nature sanctuary, Healesville, home to mammals and reptiles and over 200 varieties of native birds
• Every Sunday, you can learn about the local Wurundjeri Aboriginal people. Hear of their culture, traditions and stories of the Dreamtime. Listen to the sounds of the didgeridoo and be amazed at their mastery making that Boomerang really fly!
• Lunch is available to purchase at one of three cafés at Healesville Sanctuary
• A volunteer guide will escort you among Australia’s unique birds and animals in a natural bushland setting
• You can experience ‘Kangaroo Country’, the ‘Spirits of the Sky’ show and ‘Tales from Platypus Creek’
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Super comfortable luxury coach including: free wifi, in-seat USB, air conditioning
- Pickup and dropoff for select Melbourne hotels. These appear in a dropdown box when booking
- Ticket for the Puffing Billy Steam Train ride (from Belgrave to Menzies Creek)
- Enjoy a traditional Devonshire Tea of scones, served warm with jam, cream, and tea or coffee
- Entry to Healesville Wildlife Park
- Get up close and personal with some of Australia's most well known animals
- Entry/Admission - Grants on Sherbrooke
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:30pm
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please call prior to booking regarding wheelchair accessibility
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews