Early Access to Christ Redeemer Statue and Sugar Loaf Mountain Tour324 reviews
Enjoy the impressive statue of Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro accompanied by an expert guide and Get to know Sugarloaf Mountain.
Amaze by the breathtaking views of the city and the beaches
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer, Estrada Redentor - Alto da Boa Vista Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22241-330 Brazil
Enjoy the spectacular view from Corcovado to take stunning pictures from the mountain. Then continue the journey to the Sugar Loaf where we will close the day with stunning panoramic views across Rio de Janeiro.
Christ the Redeemer is an Art Deco statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The statue is 30 metres tall, not including its 8-metre pedestal, and its arms stretch 28 metres. The statue is located at the peak of the Corcovado mountain in the Tijuca Forest National Park overlooking the city of Rio. The statue has become a cultural icon of both Rio de Janeiro and Brazil, and is listed as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sugarloaf Mountain, Av. Pasteur, 520 - Urca, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22290-255 Brazil
Sugarloaf Mountain (Portuguese: Pão de Açúcar) is a peak situated in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, at the mouth of Guanabara Bay on a peninsula that juts out into the Atlantic Ocean. Its name is said to refer to its resemblance to the traditional shape of concentrated refined loaf sugar. It is known worldwide for its cableway and panoramic views of the city.
The mountain is one of several monolithic granite and quartz mountains that rise straight from the water’s edge around Rio de Janeiro. The mountain is protect- ed by the Sugarloaf Mountain and Urca Hill Natural Monument, created in 2006. This became part of a World Heritage Site declared by UNESCO in 2012.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Historia e Museu das Artes do Rio de Janeiro, Rua Presidente Pedreira 78 Inga, Niteroi, State of Rio de Janeiro 24210-470 Brazil
If the option is selected we’ll take you on a panoramic tour of the main spots of the city, such as the outsides of Maracana Stadium, the Sambódromo, the Municipal Cathedral and Selaron stairs.
Duration: 1 hour
- Round transportation from meeting point
- Professional guide
- Access to Christ the Redeemer and Sugar Loaf Mountain tour
- Brazilian lunch if the option is selected
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado - Christ the Redeemer
- Entry/Admission - Sugarloaf Mountain
1: Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, Av. Niemeyer, 121 - Leblon, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22450-220, Brazil
2: Copacabana Praia Hotel, R. Francisco Otaviano, 38 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22040-080, Brazil
3: PortoBay Rio Internacional, Av. Atlântica, 1500 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-000, Brazil
4: Praia de Botafogo, 400 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22250-040, Brazil
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: If the road is closed due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date
- Note: If you book this tour with just one hour in advance of the tour's departure, you must meet your guide at the Windsor Atlantica Hotel in Copacabana at 8am
- Important: During High Season, Carnival and December 28th through December 30th, the lines at Christ the Redeemer may be longer than expected. The tour operator will do the best they can to get there as early as possible, but please take in mind, delays may occur
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews