Rio de Janeiro Combo Tour: Santa Teresa, Corcovado, Christ & Copacabana103 reviews
This tour operates with a maximum of 12 participants, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
First up - downtown! While this is mostly a Rio walking tour, we'll start with a little public transit, shall we? Take the subway downtown so you can experience how locals get around Rio and help orientate yourself in the city. We'll hop off at Carioca Station and wander through the Financial District, home of huge companies such as Petrobras and BNDES. Check out Carioca Square, once the main source of drinking water in Rio, transported in by the Aqueducts of Lapa. From here, we'll climb aboard the tram for the journey up to Santa Teresa, which involves a stunning 20 minute ride over the aqueducts. This is the last tram line in Brazil that is used solely for transportation purposes. Hopping off at Largo dos Guimaraes, it's time to explore the cobblestone streets of Santa Teresa! We'll wander about on foot and discover beautiful architecture, art galleries, restaurants and the local costumes that characterise Santa Teresa.
Previously a neighbourhood dominated by the elite, with their departure to more modern suburbs of Rio, Santa Teresa has been transformed into an artistic centre with many artists choosing the area as their preferred place of residence. Among the attractions in Santa Teresa is the Ruins Park and its gorgeous view over downtown Rio de Janeiro and Guanabara Bay. As our time in Santa Teresa winds down, we have one final (and rather important) stop to make: Selaron's Staircase. This masterpiece and picturesque icon is one of the late artist's most famous pieces and is without a doubt one of the highlights of this Rio tour.
Our Rio tour will continue with an incredible bird's eye view of the city from the base of the Statue of Christ. This enormous white statue keeps constant watch over Rio, offering sweeping 360 degree views of the city’s natural wonders: beaches, lagoons, forests, bays, and mountains that seem to rise from the ocean. It’s no wonder that the ‘Cristo’ statue was selected as one of the new seven wonders of the world. Next, it’s time to trade in this tourist icon for something less visited, the back streets of the Copacabana and Leme neighborhoods. Accompanied by your local Urban Adventures guide, you'll wander through the area tasting local snacks, sipping refreshing beer and learning all about its lifestyle and beach culture.
Please note: The order of the attractions visited and the transportation taken might change to better suit the logistics of the day
- Local English speaking guide
- One draft Beer and two local snacks.
- Return trip subway ticket
- Tram ride fare
- Christ Statue entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruinas
- Entry/Admission - Bondinho de Santa Teresa
- Entry/Admission - Carioca Aqueduct
- Entry/Admission - Corcovado Christ the Redeemer
- Entry/Admission - Santa Teresa
- Entry/Admission - Escadaria Selaron
Belmond Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Light clothes and good walking shoes are recommended
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews