Full Day Angkor Archaeological Site4 reviews
When only one day to spare to see, wander around and imagine how this vast Kingdom once thrived under the various rulers, this exploration of this archaeological vastness brings the absolute pinnacle of its civilization to the foreground. From the Angkor Wat to the entwined Ta Phrom, we are perfectly weaving the highlights into this full day tour without cutting corners.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Angkor Thom, Angkor Archaeological Park ក្រុងសៀមរាប, Krong Siem Reap 17000, Cambodia
We will pick you up from your hotel in Siem Reap at around 8am and head to the main gate of the Angkor temples. Our journey starts at the monumental magnificence of Angkor Thom – the last capital of the great Khmer Empire. You will visit the sprawling Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the enchanting Bayon. This 12th century masterpiece lies at the very centre of Angkor Thom City and is an archaeological wonder of symmetry and grandeur. The exterior gallery walls have extensive bas-reliefs but the main features are the towers each with 3 or 4 gently smiling faces, over 200 in total.
Part of the greater Bayon temple complex are lesser-known temples yet boast a very interesting story; the Phimeanakas Temple within the Royal Palace enclosure, Baphuon Temple, the Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King belong to the whole complex and are within easy walking distance of each other. Interwoven in the rich history, these only will add to the magical world called Angkor.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Ta Prohm, National Road #6, Siem Reap 17252 Cambodia
After lunch, we visit a favorite among visitors because it has become part of the jungle, Ta Prohm was built in the late 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a shrine to his mother and is another must for anyone coming to Siem Reap. While clearing back the forest, it was decided to leave them in place to serve as a reminder of how the original discovers found it and other temples.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Angkor Wat, Sangkat Nokor Thum, Siem Reap Cambodia
The rest of the afternoon is reserved for the Angkor Wat. Arguably the largest religious building in the world, with a volume of stone equalling that of the Cheops pyramid in Egypt; it is unlike all the other Khmer temples in that it faces west. Its symmetrical towers are stylized on the modern Cambodian flag.
We will be able to admire sunset from outside of this temple before we bring you back to your hotel at around 5:30pm.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver
- One day pass into the Angkor Archaeological site
- All taxes and service fees included
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Angkor Thom
- Entry/Admission - Ta Prohm
- Entry/Admission - Angkor Wat
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Siem Reap Hotel
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Siem Reap. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Tonle Sap, Koh Ker, Banteay Srei and Siem Reap International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Some of the Angkor sights temples and palaces (such as the Baphuon) uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees. Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-colored clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 4 recent reviews