Colombia Travel Guide
Plan your holiday to Colombia with our useful travel guide resources that cover everything you'll need to know when preparing a visit. Here you'll find information on the top sights to see in Colombia from cities to national parks, as well as a guide on the best time to travel. Make sure you've got the correct visa before you go and swot up on the essentials from vaccinations to voltage. You can also get better acquainted with the style of our tours to South America.
- Nobody Writes to the Colonel
by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World’s Greatest Outlaw
by Mark Bowden
- The Sound of Things Falling
by Juan Gabriel Vasquez
Facts about Colombia
- Notorious drug lord Pablo Escobar once offered to pay Colombia's $10bn national debt to improve his reputation.
- A typical dish that can be found in Colombia is a cup of hot chocolate to which cheese is then added.
- A popular street snack is a handful of a species of ant that have huge rear ends (in Spanish hormigas culonas).
Colombia Travel Advice
We keep informed of the latest travel advice to Colombia and follow advice as set out by the British Foreign Office. Safety of our travellers is paramount and we recommend that you check the latest travel updates from the relevant advisory body in your country.