Monteverde Hanging Bridges Day Trip from San Jose2 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Puntarenas Province, Monteverde, Costa Rica
Explore the Cloud Forests of Costa Rica on this Monteverde Tour. Your tour starts in the morning when you get picked up from your San Jose area hotel and you will then travel towards the Northern Part of the country on a very scenic drive, with great views of beautiful mountain ranges, local towns, farms and the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica.
On the way to Monteverde you will also enjoy of multiple stops to see the most of Costa Rica during your one day tour. Learn about fruits of Costa Rica at the largest fruit stand of the country; explore a place where several monkeys are normally observed in the wild at a very close range; and photograph amazing landscapes of Costa Rica from a look-out point on the way to Monteverde.
Once in Monteverde you will savor a delicious lunch and then you will proceed to do the amazing hanging bridges tour in the Cloud Forest, where you will hike with your guide for about 2-3 hours admiring the beauties of this rare Eco-system and searching for the local wildlife, such as monkeys, emerald toucans, coatimundis and the rare resplendent quetzal, the most beautiful bird of Costa Rica. This hike is approx. 3 kilometers long (1.9 miles) and it’s done mostly on flat terrain with a few mild climbs.
At the end of your hike, enjoy of the amazing hummingbird gallery, where you will be able to observe a large number of species native to the highlands of Costa Rica. Late in the afternoon we will take you back to your San Jose hotel or we can take you to your centrally located hotel in Monteverde if you are planning to stay in that area after the tour.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (most San Jose area hotels)
- Professional bilingual guide
- Visits to the Monkeys’ observation place, the largest fruit stand of the country and a look-out point to take pictures
- Services not specified
San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Drop off in the Monteverde - Santa Elena centrally located hotels is available. If you wish to take this option, you must let us know at the time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 1 recent reviews