Rovaniemi Northern Lights Photography Small-Group Tour5 reviews
The focus of our expedition is the Rovaniemi area and we travel by minivan. We start with a team meeting about the tour of the day. You will get a short briefing about current weather conditions, Aurora forecasts and about our destination of the day.
Northern Lights are always unpredictable and there is no guarantee that we will find them every night. However, we give you the best possible chance to experience and photograph these mystical wonders of the Arctic area. What sets us apart from other tour providers is a genuine determination of finding the Northern Lights. With us you are a member of an exclusive team led by a professional expedition guide. Simply put, we are real Aurora hunters and rely on the following to succeed in our mission:
• background research into local weather and Aurora forecasts
• live information feed coming direct into our minivan
• local knowledge of all the best viewing spots
• willingness to go the extra mile – or a hundred miles – to find the Aurora
During the night, we normally go to 2-3 different locations which are always chosen according to local weather conditions and photographic opportunities. This means that if we have a clear sky and a possibility to see the Aurora 100 km away, we will take the chance and drive you there.
Altogether we have over 50 locations from which we can choose the best ones each night! After reaching our destination we leave the minivan and continue on foot to reach the perfect spots in the middle of the nature. In the destination our guide, a professional photographer, helps you prepare your cameras for Northern Lights photography and we are ready for the show of a lifetime!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within a 6.2-mile (10-kilometer) range of Rovaniemi
- Transport by minivan
- Professional expedition and photography guide
- Warm clothing and winter boots
- Headlamps, backpack, and BBQ gear
- Hot drinks and snacks
Valtakatu 21, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us if you need a pick-up and we will provide you with exact pick-up time. If you are staying in City center area, please meet us 15 minutes before the tour in Valtakatu 21 office!
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Your are recommended to bring your own DSLR camera
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 5 recent reviews