Normandy D-Day Beaches Trip with American Cemetery with Optional Lunch1909 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Place des Pyramides, Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
We make it so easy for you to get to Normandy and all the highlights. Choose from large- or small-group options depending on your budget and how you want to experience this outstanding day.
Pass By: Office de Tourisme des Portes de l'Eure, 12 rue du Pont, 27200 Vernon France
Let us do the driving while you discover history. Your Normandy day trip from Paris starts with the 3-4-hour drive to France’s northwest coast
Pass By: Office de Tourisme de Caen, 12 Place Saint Pierre, 14000 Caen France
Appreciate views of the changing French countryside, and stop at the award-winning Caen Memorial for a fascinating journey through WW2 and the D-Day landings.
Pass By: Memorial de Caen, Esplanade General Eisenhower, 14050 Caen France
you will start the tour by visiting the Caen Memorial Museum, recounting the history of World War II and the D-Day Landing. Then Lunch will be served at the Memorial of Caen with a 3-course menu with wine, apple cider and coffee.For those with free lunch, The guide will suggest places to grab a snack.
Pass By: Omaha Beach, Avenue de la Liberation, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer France
Short photo-stop at Omaha Beach, where the Allied took advantage of the Germans
Pass By: Pointe du Hoc, 14450 Cricqueville-en-Bessin France
Off to Pointe du Hoc, a strategic German defense base captured by American soldiers.
Pass By: Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer, 14710 Colleville-sur-Mer France
You will then be able to pay your respects in the eery calm of the American Cemetery and Memorial, where nearly 10,000 US military war dead lie in this most humbling tribute.
Pass By: Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema, Chemin du Calvaire, 14117 Arromanches-les-Bains France
You will complete your day either with a stop at the old artificial port in
Arromanches, used to supply the landed troops
Pass By: Juno Beach, Saint-Aubin-Sur-Mer France
Or a stop at the Juno Beach Center, witness of the Canadian soldiers' struggle to end the Nazi tyranny.
Pass By: 8th Arrondissement, Paris France
Time to return back to Paris!
Pass By: Louvre Museum, 99 rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris France
You will be dropped at the departure point in central Paris bearby the Louvre. Unless you have opted for minibus tour or pivk up and drop option, a driver will take you back to your hotel in Paris
- 3-course Lunch with wine, apple cider and coffee ( when standard option selected)
- Round-trip transportation by luxury air-conditioned coach from Paris
- Service of a Normandy D-Day expert licensed guide
- Departure from Paris Central Agency ( if Standard option selected)
- Tour departing from your hotel in Paris( if Pick up option selected)
- Visit of the American Cemetery.
- Photo-stop at Arromanches or at Juno Beach.
- Photo-stop at Omaha Beach.
- Free time for lunch( at your own expenses) ( when option no lunch selected)
- Visit of the German battery at Longues-sur-Mer ( From December 12th 2019,selected Pick up option)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (unless option selected)
1: 2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
2: Hotel Regina Louvre, 2 Place des Pyramides, 75001 Paris, France
Traveler pickup is offered
If Pick-up Option Selected: Hotel pickup is offered. Pick up location will be from the hotel or accommodation in Paris (Zip code must start by 75). The address must be provided to us at least 72 hours (local time) prior to tour's departure. Without the accommodation address and if booking is made less than 72 hours (local time) prior to departure, the pick up will be from PARISCityVISION on 2 rue des Pyramides, nearest Metro : Tuileries or Pyramides (line 1 or 7/14)
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The coach journey from Paris to Normandy takes approximately 3 - 4 hours and you will spend 4 hours in Normandy itself
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Possibility to buy souvenirs at the Caen Memorial Museum's Boutique.
- Toilets are available at the Caen Memorial Museum, American Cementery, Juno Beach Center, at the comfort stop and possibly inside the bus
- A warm coat is recommended during the winter period, a raincoat during the summer and a good pair of walking / flat shoes are suggested to avoid discomfort
- Please advise at the time of the booking of any allergies or dietary restrictions
- Template Menu : Selection of country style starters: Vegetable platted with grated carrots, tomato salad, beetroot salad, taboulleh and salad Main course: Chicken fillet with cider sauce, potato gratin, green beans Cheese buffet Dessert: Normandy style selection of desserts: apple tart, teurgoule (cinnamon rice pudding), baked apple Drinks: Bordeaux wine, farmhouse cider and mineral water (1 bottle for 4 people) +Coffee * Vegetarian dish on request on the spot
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews