Best of Versailles Day Trip from Paris including Skip-the-Line and Lunch590 reviews
First stop is the Palace of Versailles, the town’s sprawling palatial compound where Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, once lived. At the center of French royal power throughout 17th and 18th centuries, the building oozes royal elegance and, as such, draws visitors from all around the world.
Head straight past the long lines of visitors outside the palace with your skip-the-line ticket, and head inside to experience the history and opulence of it. On a tour led by your expert guide, discover the stunning State Apartments that comprise the Hall of Mirrors and Queen’s Apartments. While walking, your guide will enthrall you with tales of the kings who lived there.
After an hour of touring Versailles Palace, stroll out into the gardens to explore them at your leisure. Every bit as grand as the palace, the French Baroque-style gardens took nearly 40 years to complete with magnificent features like the Versailles fountains and the Orangery. After strolling around, meet your guide for lunch at a restaurant, close to Versailles' Grand Canal. Please see the Itinerary below for your sample menu.
Your afternoon is spent at the estate of Trianon, which "is perhaps most closely associated with Queen Marie-Antoinette", where you will visit the Petit Trianon, the place where "The wife of Louis XVI regularly sought refuge." Marie Antionette’s Queen’s Hamlet is nearby, and this is the last Versailles sight to be seen before your journey back to Paris. Designed by the popular French architect Richard Mique, the retreat features a charming thatched-roof cottage, lakes, streams and even a little farmhouse.
After exploring the Queen’s Hamlet, head back to your luxury minibus for the return journey to Paris.
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Live guiding by a local professional art historian guide
- Lunch (if option "With Lunch" selected)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Skip-The-Line Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Palace of Versailles
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
• Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with basil
Second Course (choice of one):
• Sirloin steak with Béarnaise sauce and creamed potatoes
• Roast salmon with butter sauce and creamed potatoes
• Seasonal fruit tart
• Tea or coffee
41 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews