Northern Lights Night Tour from Reykjavik976 reviews
After operating Northern Lights hunting tours for many years, we know a thing or two about finding the best possible viewing conditions. Before each tour, we study the weather forecasts to help us decide what the best location that night will be.
If the conditions are right, you may be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights swirling in a wild and carefree dance across the heavens, painting dramatic shapes, colors and patterns on the night sky.
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
1: Bus Stop #13 Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
2: Bus stop #5 Harpa, Sculpture & Shore Walk 101, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
3: Gray Line Iceland HQ, Klettagarðar 4, 104 Reykjavík, Iceland
4: Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavík, Iceland
5: Bus Stop #3 Lækjargata, Lækjargata 4, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick-up is offered from most hotels and guesthouses in the capital area upon request (if option is selected). Due to traffic restrictions in the city center, pickup may not be directly in front of hotel but rather at a nearby designated pickup point.
The "No pickup" does not include hotel pick-up, but complimentary pickup from the following locations is offered upon request for no extra charge, please be at meeting point 30 minutes prior to departure:
*Bus stop 5 - Harpan
*Bus stop 3 - Lækjartorg (Hard Rock Cafe)
*Bus stop 13 - Rauðarárstígur
You must contact the local operator after booking to confirm your pick-up location or meeting point.
Skarfabakki cruise port, Miðbakki cruise port
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If the tour is cancelled due to weather, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge, or get a refund. If the tour goes ahead but no northern lights can be seen, clients can re-book for another evening free of charge but no refund is offered.
- Passengers will be dropped off at their original pickup point or as close as possible.
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed
- It is important to dress appropriately for this tour, warm clothing is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews