Venice Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Doge's Palace and St Mark’s Basilica Tours plus Venice Walking Tour221 reviews
Meet your guide at the entrance to the Royal Gardens in Venice and stroll to Doge's Palace, the magnificent Venetian-Gothic building from where the leaders of the former Venetian Republic ruled until the late-18th century. Head inside and explore the grandiose public chambers that the doges lavished with fine art and ornamentation. Masterpieces by Renaissance champions Tintoretto and Veronese adorn the walls and ceilings, framing the palace’s grand staircases and arcade statues.
Learn about the extravagant doges as you walk around, and hear of the power and treachery that characterized their reign. Ruling the republic with iron fists, the doges established a network of prisons at the palace so they could keep a close eye on their foes. Wander across the Bridge of Sighs, built to connect the palace to the fearsome prisons, and pose for photos against the backdrop of the palace. Your walking tour then finishes outside the palace, leaving you to enjoy a 3-hour break before your next tour starts.
Skip the Line: Small-Group Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica (2 hours):
Leave St Mark’s Square and set off on your walking tour to discover some of Venice’s highlights — its top attractions and lesser-known sights. Soak up the hustle and bustle of St Mark’s Square, and head inside St Mark’s Basilica to admire its interiors. Marvel at the marble floors and ogle the gilded mosaics that blanket the walls and ceilings. The Pala D’Oro canopy over the high altar dazzles with gold and your guide will explain the Byzantine influences that helped Venice hone its distinctive architectural style.
After 40 minutes approx inside the St Mark's Basilica, head out and set off to discover the canal walkways and pretty bridges that many visitors don’t get to see. Stop for photos by San Zaccaria Church and admire its incredible façade with Gothic and Renaissance carvings. As you walk, listen to your guide’s tales of the city during the days of the Venetian Republic and the many colorful characters that have called Venice home throughout the ages.
After two hours exploring the city, work your way back to the start point at St Mark’s Square and finish your tour by the Bridge of Sighs.
See the 'View additional info' link below for a map of the start point for your first tour.
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Headset to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo delle Prigioni
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
St. Mark's Square, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside St Mark's Basilica
- At certain times it may not be possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Please note: Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Tour starts at 9am and Skip the Line: Small-Group Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica starts at 2pm
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews