Kyoto Nishiki Market Tour with 7 Course Lunch7 reviews
At a few of the stops we will sample specialty products like tsukemono (vegetables from the surrounding mountains preserved in vinegar), yuuba (the world’s smoothest sashimi tofu made from the world-famous Kyoto mountain water), Kamaboko (seafood preserved in fish paste), Tako (Octopus with quail egg) and Macha Warabi Mochi (a special traditional sweet covered in ground tea leaves). During the tour, you will learn detailed information about the ingredients of different Japanese dishes, how their food is prepared and what is used to eat it.
You won't just taste Kyoto’s delicious food but will also have a sense of the history and atmosphere of the Nishiki Market experienced by the Japanese for generations. After your market exploration, you will walk to a nearby restaurant and have a course lunch featuring beautiful and delicious local dishes.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: LACOSTE Kyoto Store, 375 Naramonochō, Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto, 600-8004, Japan
Let's meet here and then start our 3-hour walking food tour in the world-famous Nishiki Market
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Nishiki Market Shopping District, 609 Nishidaimonjicho Tominokoji Dori Shijoagaru, Nakagyo, Kyoto 604-8054 Kyoto Prefecture
Learn more about the Nishiki Market area thanks to a local foodie guide, Explore the flavors that make Kyoto's cuisine so special, Visit family-owned shops to sample local and seasonal food, Enjoy a delicious 7-course meal, and try local specialties.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Nishiki Market, 609番地 Nishidaimonjicho, Nakagyō-ku, Kyoto, 604-8054, Japan
Nishiki Market Kyoto
Pass By: Umenohana, Japan, 〒604-8134 Kyoto, Nakagyō-ku, Dōnomaechō, 六角北東角 ウエスト18ビル B1F
Umenohana - Ending Point
Pass By: Nishiki-Tenmangu Shrine, Japan, 〒604-8042 Kyoto, Nakagyō-ku, Nakanochō, 新 四条上る中之町537番地
Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine
Pass By: Rokkakudō Temple, Japan, 〒604-8134 Kyoto, Nakagyō-ku, Dōnomaechō, ２４８
Pass By: Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine, 68 Fukakusa Yabunouchicho, Fushimi, Kyoto 612-0882 Kyoto Prefecture
Fushimi Inari Taisha
- 7 Course Lunch included
- Visit 10-12 Market Vendors and Taste the Flavors of Kyoto
- Japanese Tea Included
- Shopping time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Transportation costs
LACOSTE Kyoto Store, 375 Naramonochō, Shimogyō-ku, Kyoto, 600-8004, Japan
Karasuma Dori, Minami-ku, Kyoto, Japan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Passport information copy is required for kids 10 and above.
- Same-day Booking available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- For solo travelers, please email us
- Equal quality substitute for unavailable regular restaurants
- Changes to tours and spots we visit may occur due to schedules of restaurants, public holidays, weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Applicable substitutions will be made in this case.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Vegetarian Friendly, Pescatarian.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.86 out of 5 based on the last 7 recent reviews