Chichen Itza, Ek Balam and Cenote Hubiku Tour from Playa del Carmen53 reviews
The Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza are waiting for you! Come explore this ancient Mayan city with an expert guide and learn all about this fascinating culture and civilization. Discover the Kukulkan pyramid and the ball court and all the incredibly preserved structures of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
After exploring Chichen Itza, we’ll bring you to the magical underground cenote Hubiku for a refreshing swim in the mineral-rich waters. Your day of history and adventure continues with a trip to Ek Balam, a beautiful Mayan ruins site where you can climb the Acropolis! Lunch and drinks included!
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chichen Itza Mexico
After boarding the transportation at your hotel and a technical stop of 10 minutes, we’ll begin the route towards our first destination: Chichén Itzá.
The main building is the Kukulkan Castle, known as The Pyramid. It is an icon of the astronomical, architectural, mathematical and engineering knowledge and, together with the platforms, they tell us about the past, with their many sculptures and representations of feathered serpents and Chaac masks, the majestic god of rain that lives in the sacred cenote.
Other places like the monumental Ball Game, The Astronomical Observatory, also known as The Snail and the area of The Church are worth admiring, thanks to their masks from the Mayan classic period. Come and explore with us this World Cultural Heritage Site!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cenote Hubiku, Kilometro 1.5 Carretera Temozon-Tizimin, Temozon 97740 Mexico
The second stop of the day will be in Cenote Hubiku, after getting to know the history of Chichén Itzá. Here, you will be able to cool off in its water and have a relaxing time that you will surely remember forever. The cenote is subterranean, and we will enter it through its stone stairway. Thanks to its opening at the top, with the entrance of the sunlight, the water achieves a beautiful blue color.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ek Balam, Ekbalam, Yuc., Mexico
We will finish the tour at Ek Balam, where you can appreciate The Acropolis and its monumental entrance to the underworld, represented in the Uk’it Kan Lec Tok’ grave before being reborn as the mythical god of corn. The grave shows the jaws of a jaguar, flanked by a couple of Mayan “angels” and within it, the archeologists found an offering consisting of more than 7,000 pieces of jewelry in it, made by the best goldsmiths of the time.
Duration: 1 hour
- Light breakfast (Banana, Cookies and juice)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Cenote Hubiku Admission
- Entry/Admission - Chichen Itza
- Entry/Admission - Cenote Hubiku
- Entry/Admission - Ek Balam
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Not included Yucatan State Tax Chichen and Ekbalam 40 USD per person. Must be paid at the check in
Traveler pickup is offered
The afternoon before to the tour we´ll provide to you the pick up time in your hotel lobby. If you are in an aparment we´ll provide the nearest meeting point to pick you up.
Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- It is recommended that you bring sports shoes, sandals or flip flops, swimsuit, towel, sunglasses, hat, biodegradable sunscreen and mosquito repellent, a camera and Mexican Pesos in cash for expenses and tips
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
When you book, we will ask you to select a hotel to be picked up from. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about hotel pickup:
What if my hotel is not listed?
That's okay. When you book you can select an hotel from our list and make your way there on the day of departure; or you can contact our local operator directly to make alternate pick-up arrangements.
What if I have not yet booked a hotel?
Once your hotel arrangements are finalised, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
What if I live locally, am staying with friends or relatives, and/or don't require pick-up?
Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you complete details and directions to the tour/activity departure point.
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews