Auckland Waterfront Guided Bike Tour4 reviews
Our most popular guided bike tour, the route starts in the heart of Auckland City and heads east past Queens Wharf, Ports of Auckland, Okahu Bay and Michael Joseph Savage Memorial before arriving at the beautiful golden sands of Mission Bay.
Enjoy a delicious ice-cream or barista made coffee on the beach, before pedalling back to the city.
This is a privately guided tour with full commentary and plenty of stops along the way. Suitable for all ages and abilities, the route is completely flat (with one optional hill climb for commanding views across the Hauraki Gulf) and follows dedicated cycle lanes the entire way.
9.15am - meet your private guide at our Auckland city base, located at Unit D, 80 Wyndham Street. Only 5-10mins walk from all the major inner city hotels and public transport hubs. Changing rooms, toilets and luggage storage available.
9.30am - tour commences with safety briefing and gear fittings (bike and helmet).
9.45am - riding begins in earnest, heading in to the Viaduct Basin and along to Queens Wharf.
10am - we head towards Mission Bay, stopping several times for local stories and views. Public bathrooms are available as various points on the way.
11.15am - light refreshments can be enjoyed on the beach (participants own cost) or simply enjoy the beautiful views and surrounding park.
11.45am - return journey begins with several more stops including an optional hill climb - easily walked if necessary. Commanding views across the Hauraki Gulf.
12.30pm - arrive back at our base in Wyndham Street. Farewells. Souvenir cycle jerseys available for enthusiasts to purchase!
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
80 Wyndham Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking for an additional NZ$10 - payable in-store before tour departs
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking so we can allocate the right size bike to you and your companions
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 4 recent reviews