Christchurch Gondola Ride41 reviews
Take in views over the city of Christchurch, damaged but recovering from the 2011 earthquake, and see all the way to the snowcapped Southern Alps and Canterbury Plains. As you rise more than half a mile (almost a kilometer) to the crater summit, the suburbs of Christchurch recede below you and panoramic views take in Lyttelton Harbour ringed by the green Port Hills. From up here it’s easy to see how the harbor was formed by a collapsed volcanic crater.
At the summit, ride the Time Tunnel to see a video of Christchurch, its history, people and volatile geology. Enjoy a snack or meal at the newly opened Red Rock Cafe (not included), featuring a new pastry chef and menu, and browse the Shop at the Top retail experience.
Having seen Christchurch from above, see its famous trees and flowers up close by adding a tour of the Christchurch Botanic Gardens. Ride around the gardens on the electric Caterpillar shuttle, getting on and off whenever you like. Ask the knowledgeable garden staff questions about the historic gardens’ plants and landscaping as you visit the tropical greenhouse, stroll through the rose garden and hear the Peace Bell chime.
Or add a cruise on the Avon River and glide along in a punt (a flat bottomed boat). Relax as a skilled punter, traditionally dressed in straw hat and blazer, propels you past a romantic setting of boat sheds, trees and riverside paths. See ducks and ducklings float by, cruise past the lush Christchurch Botanic Gardens, and be prepared for all weather with blankets and umbrellas provided.
- Caterpillar Botanic Garden tour (if option selected at time of booking)
- 30-minute Avon River punt ride (if option selected at time of booking)
- Entry/Admission - Christchurch Gondola
- Transport to/from the attractions
- Food and drinks
Christchurch Gondola, 10 Bridle Path Road, Christchurch 8022 New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes
- Please Note: This product does not include the Gondola Restaurant. Please make Restaurant arrangements separately, prior to your departure date
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.79 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews