Lunch at Walter Peak High Country Farm and Cruise from Queenstown42 reviews
Before lunch, the rural demonstrator will give guests an insight into life in the New Zealand high country by providing an entertaining farm show including working sheep dogs and sheep shearing.
Enjoy a unique dining experience at Walter Peak where the menu showcases food and wine from the wider Central Otago region. Chefs prepare a tasty selection of meats on the outdoor grill, while fresh, seasonal salads and vegetables are available from the dining area of the Colonel’s Homestead. Top off lunch with a selection of delicious sweet treats and local cheeses.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Wakatipu, Queenstown New Zealand
Return Cruise on Lake Wakatipu on the steamship TSS Earnslaw from Queenstown to Walter Peak. Stop at Walter Peak for lunch and a sheep shearing demonstration.
Stop At: Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant, Walter Peak 9793, New Zealand
Enjoy a quintessential Kiwi experience – a delicious gourmet BBQ lunch and a farm demo in a stunning lakeside setting.
Your lunch starts with a cruise aboard the historic TSS Earnslaw across to Walter Peak High Country Farm. Once there, you can sit back on the lakeside terrace of the Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant and savor the delicious aromas as our chef has the best of local produce, sizzling away on the grill.
Our lunch menu has been refreshed with the introduction of our new executive chef, so you'll have a plenty to choose from our seasonal menu - salads, vegetables, succulent meat cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill. If you’re vegetarian, don’t worry, you are well catered for too. Then finish your meal with a scrumptious dessert.
After your lunch, you can join an entertaining farm demonstration or explore the beautiful lakeside gardens.
Please note: The TSS Earnslaw will be on survey 02 June – 15 July 2018 and the TSS Earnslaw will NOT be operating. During this period travel to and from Walter Peak is by launch and the lower price reflects this change.
- Gourmet BBQ Lunch
- Farm Show
- Live English commentary on board as well as interpretation handouts in English, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Thai, Korean and Chinese
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Colonel’s Homestead Restaurant
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
88 Beach St, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Full bar services operate on the TSS Earnslaw as it cruises to and from Walter Peak and at the Colonel’s Homestead.This is at your own expense. When the TSS Earnslaw is on her annual survey a smaller boat will substitute. The next survey will be during dates 02 June - 03 July 2020.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Note: Menu items are subject to change based on chef's discretion and seasonal availability.
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews