Portobelo and Caribbean Island Tour from Panama City6 reviews
Portobelo was founded in 1597 and it was protected by four forts during the golden age of the town, but due to multiple attacks that underwent the Spanish galleons when leaving the bay of Portobelo the Spanish crown took the decision to suspend the trips towards the Isthmus which caused the ruin of Portobelo. After a visit to the town of Portobelo you will move to a beautiful beach of the Caribbean where you will be able to enjoy its warm and crystalline waters.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Almiza Tours by My friend Mario, Panama City Panama
From Panama city this tour is the easiest and economic way to visit the Caribbean coast of Panama and simultaneously visit and know the rich history of Portobelo in Colon. First we will pick you up in your hotel in Panama City to ride 1 hour to Sabanitas Colon, to stop at the grosery store to give you the opportunity to buy food and drinks.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Portobelo National Park, Colon Panama
After stop at Sabanita, we will drive 45 minutes to Portobelo was founded in 1597 and it was protected by four forts during the golden age of the town, but due to multiple attacks that underwent the Spanish galleons when leaving the bay of Portobelo the Spanish crown took the decision to suspend the trips towards the Isthmus which caused the ruin of Portobelo.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Puerto Lindo, Puerto Lindo, Colon Province
After a visit to the town of Portobelo you will move to Puerto Lindo to embark on a 10-minutes boat ride to a beautiful and secluded island named Mamey near to Isla Grande where you will be able to enjoy its warm and crystalline waters. Once there, you will have between 2 - 3 hours to relax and swim in the clear water.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Panama City Panama Temple, Calle Rybicki 3172, Panama City Panama
Afterwards, you will be taken back to your hotel in Panama City. The bus ride takes 2 hours approx.
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or Minibus
- Professional driver
- Professional local guide
- Beverages (soda, water or local beer)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- US$8 each / round trip boat ride to Mamey island
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up clients from hostals and vacation rentals inside the city.
Hotel or resort outside the city need to meet us in Panama City hotel or pay round trip transfer US$10 each person
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 6 recent reviews