The Last Kingdom Private Day Tour in Kandy15 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: New Luckyland Spice Garden, New Luckyland No100 ,Kandy road , Hingula, Mawanella 71520, Sri Lanka
You will be picked up around 6 am from your hotel in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo and then proceed to Kandy, en route visit Spice Garden in Mawanella and a Tea Factory in Giragama.
For centuries, spices have been one of Sri Lanka’s most celebrated exports and are used for medicines and cosmetics as well as to flavor foods. You will sample scents and flavors such as cinnamon, ginger, pepper, vanilla and cardamom. Batik is the ancient art of mixing colors using wax as the main component and Sri Lanka is one of the world’s leading exponents. Examples range from simple, single-colored designs to multi-colored masterpieces.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Geragama Tea Factory, Geragama Estate Rd, Pilimathalawa, Sri Lanka
On arrival at Giragama, you will visit a tea plantation 1,673 feet (510 meters) above sea level. Tea was first planted in Sri Lanka in 1824 at the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya, when a few plants were brought from China. Your will spend an hour exploring the the plantation and factory before leaving for Kandy which is approximately 30 minutes away.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple of the Tooth, Sri Dalada Maligawa, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Kandy, the hill capital, is another World Heritage Site. It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally ceded to the British in 1815 after an agreement. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as it is the home of the “Dalada Maligawa” - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. Close by are the remains of the Royal Palace (“Maha Wasala”), “Palle Wasala”- where the Queens stayed-now used for the National Museum, “Meda Wasala” where other close relatives lived, Audience Hall, Natha Devala and Vishnu Devala are situated close by. The Bathing Pavilion (“Ulpenge”) is by the Lake and in the Center of the lake is the Island called “Kiri Samudraya” (Milk white ocean) used by the kings as the summerhouse. Today it is the center of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture.
Do the city tour of Kandy including a visit to the temple of the sacred Tooth Relic, upper lake drive and market square, Gem Lapidary and Wood Carving center.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Oak Ray Handcrafted Wood Carvings, 9 Deveni Rajasinghe Mawatha. Gatembe, Kandy 20000 Sri Lanka
Wood Carving Center.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Oak Ray Regency Hotel, Deveni Rajasinghe Mawatha, Kandy, Sri Lanka
During the city tour you will enjoy your lunch at Oakray Restaurant.
Duration: 1 hour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle in Colombo, Mount Lavinia or Negombo
- All sightseeing tours with the service of an English Speaking chauffeur guide
- Lunch at Oakray restaurant
- Entry/Admission - New Luckyland Spice Garden
- Entry/Admission - Geragama Tea Factory
- Entry/Admission - Temple of the Tooth
- Entry/Admission - Oak Ray Handcrafted Wood Carvings
- Entry/Admission - Oak Ray Regency Hotel
- Any video / still camera fee to the monuments and places of visit
- Tips to guides and restaurants. Tipping is expected.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
1: Colombo, Sri Lanka
2: Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka
3: Kalutara, Sri Lanka
4: Negombo, Sri Lanka
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels and places in Colombo, Mount Lavinia, Negombo and Kalutara,
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Group discount price is available for group size 7 or more
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 4.07 out of 5 based on the last 15 recent reviews