New Orleans Original Craft Cocktail Walking Tour422 reviews
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Embark on your exploration of New Orleans’ cocktail culture from the Gray Line Lighthouse Ticket Office, right on the Mississippi River in the city’s French Quarter. Your group of like-minded 21-and-up revelers will travel the neighborhood’s historic streets, ducking in and out of watering holes and restaurants in buildings that still stand as beautiful examples of French and Spanish Colonial Architecture.
While it’s easy to get lost in the history of your surroundings, the real stars of the tour are the cocktails. Listen in as your guides reveal the stories behind each inventive libation and the characters that brought them to life. Learn the origins of Southern Comfort, a liqueur invented in New Orleans in 1874, and the even older story of the Sazerac, which dates back to 1850. Sample any of your favorites by purchasing a glass.
You’ll also get an inside peek into the city’s oldest restaurant and its wine cellar and private dining rooms, where some of New Orleans' most important wheelings and dealings took place. Drink in the spirit of New Orleans by enjoying this 2.5-hour tour at the beginning of your visit to the Big Easy to pinpoint the stops you must revisit, or use it as an unexpected way to bid adieu to a city that’s as rich in stories as it is in drinks to share them over. It's history—with a twist!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Antoine's Restaurant, 713 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Go inside the private dining rooms of America's oldest family restaurant and see memorabilia and exhibits of the kings and queens of Mardi Gras. Purchase a cocktail at Hermes Bar.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Guided New Orleans Original Cocktail Walking Tour
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Due to the historic nature of the tour, some venues are not accessible to guests traveling in wheelchairs. Special arrangements can be made with your tour guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Minimum age is 21 years
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Booking Terms and Conditions
Scoring an average traveller rating of 5 out of 5 based on the last 24 recent reviews